Chapter 94.

Louis:

Today is the day.

Harry:

Today is the day. I've decided to tell Louis the truth about Anthony today. I need to clear my conscience and be honest with him. These last few weeks have been killing me. It's been torture to feel guilty every second of everyday.

"Are you ready to go, love? We don't want to miss our dinner reservations." Louis calls out from the hallway. I'm stood in Louis' bedroom fixing my collar in front of the mirror as Louis impatiently waits for me. He's been on edge all day and I have no idea why. I should be the one being nervous. Considering we're going to be having dinner at a fancy restaurant and I figured I would take the opportunity to tell him the truth once in for all. I mean, it's a public place so he can't get too mad and start yelling at me. It's been weeks since it happened so hopefully he'll just agree to put it behind us and forgive me.

"HARRY! HURRY UP!" Louis has officially lost his patience. I honestly don't understand why he's so stressed. I sigh and make my way to the front door where he's standing. He's so outstanding. He stands there in his fancy suit and rolled up sleeves. He seems so nervous and self conscious today. It's so sweet.

"I'm ready, let's go."

When we get to the restaurant Louis keeps acting really strange. The entire car ride here he drove like a crazy person and started shouting at whoever drove in his way. Now that we're here he keeps stressing out about everything. We've been standing in line for barely a minute and Louis has checked the time a billion times.

"Reservation for Tomlinson, please." Louis says as soon as we get to the entrance. The man working there checks the papers and then leads us to our table. I look around the restaurant and god, it's so classy. As we reach our table right by the window with the best view I notice Louis putting his hand around my waist. He smiles at me fondly. "Tomlinson." He says, leaving me confused. "Harry Tomlinson would sound nice someday, wouldn't it?"

"Yeah but uhm... Are you sure we can afford this place?" I whisper and Louis somehow manages to still smile at me.

"Yes. You're worth every penny." He says and my heart swells. I walk up to sit down on my chair and Louis pushes it in for me like a gentleman. I smile at him and we both sit by our table. I begin reading the menu and everything sounds delicious.

Time passes and we eat the most delicious food I've had in ages and talk and laugh like crazy. We haven't had such a good time in so long. I wish it could be this way forever. But with every second passing my heart starts pounding faster and I get more worried. I have no idea how he's going to react. But it was just a kiss... It didn't mean a single thing. I was sad and vulnerable and Anthony was there for me.

"So I've been thinking a lot lately..." Louis suddenly says out of the blue, completely snatching me away from my thoughts. He places his hand on mine on the table and I pray to god that I will have the courage to tell him. "We have known each other for a very long time now... I just love spending time with you and I just can't get enough of you. You're sweet. You're honest" He continues and I choke. Honest. Right. "You're brave and inspiring. You're-"

"I kissed Anthony."

I don't know what happened. It just slipped out. I knew I needed to get it out of me but hearing him saying all those wonderful things about me just brought it out of me. I didn't mean to just lay it out like that but I just had to get it out. If I didn't tell him now, I would've never dared to. I would've kept postpone it forever.

"What?" Louis snaps and quickly removes his hand from mine. I feel a rush of guilt run through my entire body as I see the heartbreaking expression on his face. It's a face of sadness, disappointment, shock and most of all, anger.

"Back at Zayn's party. I know I told you nothing happened but it did." I say and Louis leans back in his chair, as far away from me as possible. Completely speechless as I continue explaining myself. "I was just sad and Anthony was there for me and..."

"Fucking unbelievable." Louis breathes and I immediately wish I didn't tell him. He's not going to accept this. There's no way. His face expression is enough for me to understand that I'm screwed right now.

"But just a kiss! Nothing more I swear" I plead in a failed attempt to make the situation better. Louis just shakes his head with a blank gaze. Before I know it he stands up and walks right out of the restaurant, forgetting his coat on the chair. "Louis! Wait!" I exclaim, causing everyone in the restaurant to stare at me. I grab his coat and hurry out to the streets. Louis is already halfway to the car and I just keep running to catch up to him. I put my hand on his shoulder and he snatches away from my touch.

"Harry don't..." He says and I hear how weak his voice is. His eyes are already red and his cheeks are wet. Oh my god he's crying, what have I done!? "I can't look at you right now, please... Just go"

"No! Please listen to me. It didn't mean anything! You hear me? It didn't mean shit!" I say trying to raise his chin but he keeps looking down at the ground crying. "It was a mistake. A stupid mistake, okay!? He's nothing to me. You're the only one I love. The only one I want. You gotta believe me!" I shout and he pushes me away.

"SAVE IT HARRY! I'm going home and don't you fucking dare follow me! Don't ever talk to me again!" He shouts and I feel the tears rushing down my face.

"Louis. Please. I'm begging you. Don't do this. You need me. I NEED YOU!" I shout crying my eyes off. Louis shakes his head.

"No. I don't need this. I don't ever want to see you again. I mean it." He says and walks into his car, slamming the door shut. Leaving me there with no place to go and his coat in my hands. I drop down to my knees crying. I had no idea it was going to end this way, but what did I expect? That he would laugh it off and forgive me immediately? I'm stupid. So fucking stupid... The chilly wind causes me to freeze so I put his coat on, causing his familiar scent to embrace me. I take a deep breath and enjoy the scent that I most probably won't have around in a while... I feel something in his pocket so I reach in and see a little navy blue box. I open it just to see a diamond ring.

Oh my god. He was going to propose.

***

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm sorry if it was a bit emotional but shit had to go down sooner or later, aye?

PS: Just out of curiosity, are any of you Michael Jackson fans?

Love always, S.