Chapter 9.

The car ride home is most definite awkward. The radio station sucks. They're only talking and not playing any music. All three of us are in the back and the taxi driver is quiet as well. The car stops outside a hotel. The girl gets ready to pay the driver but Louis stops her.

"I'll pay him later."

He says. How generous. She smiles at him and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asks him. He nods. "Just call me if something comes up. Alright? Love you." She adds before finally giving him a hug.

"Love you too."

He says. She smiles and waves at me. I wave back, and with that she gets out of the car. I'm not gonna lie, she is extremely cute. But my jealousy is causing me to think badly of her. Which is rude of me since she seems like a nice girl and Louis seems to like her a lot. I haven't seen them make out or anything, but he seems so protective of her.

When we get home we surely don't fall asleep. We just get into our sleepwear and watch some television. The sound of the tv is the only noise at the moment. Some reporter is going off about some stupid news that don't even seem true. I turn it off and glance at Louis. He's sitting next to me on the sofa, going through his mail. He seems very focused since his eyebrows are doing that thing where he looks pissed. I'm beginning to appreciate everything about him and it's getting ridiculous. There are several things i've noticed today like for example... How when he smiles widely he gets these adorable crinkles by his eyes. I feel stupid acknowledging these little things and falling in love with every single one of them. But all i can think about now is that girl. I feel that it's rude to interrupt him now, but i just have to know.

"Louis?" I finally say, breaking the silence once in for all.

"Mm?" He mumbles, still focused on the papers.

"That girl that took the cab with us... Is she like... your girlfriend or something? I mean, i'm just curious."

Louis immediately chuckles and laughs out loud within seconds.

"That's disgusting, Harry!"

"What is?" I'm completely confused. Why does he look so repulsed?

"She's my sister. I'm surely going to vomit if you assume something like that again" He laughs. My nerves quickly calms down. That explains A LOT! That's why she looked so young. That's why they never really kissed. That's why she wasn't drinking, and that's why gave her a ride. AND THAT'S WHY NIALL ASKED FOR HIS PERMISSION TO KISS HER! God i'm so stupid! How could i've not seen the signs!? Guess my jealousy blinded me. Blurred out my vision completely.

Even though i'm thrilled to now know this i'm still not sure about his sexual orientation and i need to find out. I need to know if there is a chance on earth between us.

"So i was wondering... Are you-"

And just then we're interrupted by Louis's phone ringing. Who the hell calls this late? He quickly reaches for it and the name "Sandy" pops up on the screen. Louis sighs and ignores the call.

"I'm sorry, you were saying?"

"But... aren't you going to answer?"

"No it's just my psycho ex. I should probably change my number soon. It's getting really annoying!"

Guess that settles it. He's surely hetero. Well, i should have known. I would never have a chance with him anyway.

"Well. I'm off to bed. We really should get a mattress or something. Feels rude that i get to sleep in the bed and you have to sleep on that old sofa" Louis says.

"I'm not paying any bills so it's only fair" I smile. He giggles in the most adorable way possible and i'm immediately blown away.

"If you're planning on staying then maybe you should look for a job? I mean, I don't mean to pressure you cause you might need some time. But... it would help me out a lot actually."

"Yeah, of course. No problem at all. I would love to help out."

I say without even giving it a second thought. If he asks me to get a job and help his economy i can't possibly say no. If it wasn't for him i wouldn't even be alive right now. And it only seems fair. I can work until i have enough money to get a place of my own even.

Louis smiles at me lightly and motions for me to come over.

"Come. The bed is big enough for both of us. We'll buy you a mattress first thing in the morning."