Chapter 22.

Louis:

"Have you completely lost it!?"

I snap as I snatch the Xbox controller off Liam's hands. After furiously driving the car all the way to Liam's huge high class home, I somehow managed breaking and entering. So here I am now, standing right in front of him. He's sitting on the couch looking confused but scared at the same time. He better be scared.

"What are you doing!? How did you even get in here?" He questions. Getting into his house is no rocket science. He should really get better security.

"Are you out of your mind!?" I hiss. He still looks confused so I walk him through it. "Why the fuck would you go behind my back and tell Harry? I saw the messages. Luckily for you, I deleted it before he saw anything."

Liam now seems to catch on. He sighs and removes his headphones, getting out of the couch.

"He needs to know" He says and carefully places his hand on my shoulder. I quickly jerk away from his grip, infuriated with him.

"No he doesn't! Why do you have to ruin everything!? Things were finally working out for us!" I whine.

"What do you mean working out?" He asks and I sink into a hole of despair. "Louis, you can't be with him. You know that." He says and my heart shatters into a million pieces. Yes I fucking know that. But it's so hard to just accept it. "Is that why you don't want him to know? Because you know that he will leave if you tell him?"

Now that he says it, it makes complete sense. I have been making silly excuses for ages, telling myself that he can't know for different reasons. But this was why all along. If he got to know the truth he would never want to be with me. Guess that's what I've truly feared all this time.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, Tommo, but... You have to be realistic. He's only going to get hurt. And you surely don't want to hurt him, now do you?"

"No..."

"Then know your limits. Be his friend. Nothing more."

"But we kissed... Yesterday" I admit as the memories fill my mind once again today. I can still feel the way his hands gently tugged at my hair, and how his lips felt against mine. I want to kiss him again and again. But I know I shouldn't have. It was irresponsible of me.

"Guess there's only one thing left to do then..." Liam says and I want to punch him for always being right. But instead I hug him, because he knows what's best for everyone. And right now he's referring to the only option I seem to have left. Denial.

Harry:

Time flies and I suddenly find myself having a chat with Niall. He came by just a couple of minutes after Louis left. For some reason it sort of feels like Louis sent him here. I'm 20 years old, I surely don't need a babysitter. But then again, he probably just doesn't want me to hurt myself. I don't mind a bit supervision if that's the reason behind it.

But Niall and I get along great. We made dinner and now we're at the dinner table eating and talking. Niall is going on about how Ellie has been acting, as he calls it, "shady" lately. Apparently she's been lying to him about a lot of stuff. Hm... I wonder how it's going for Liam and Nancy...

"Louis!" Niall suddenly says in the middle of his sentence. I quickly turn to see Louis walking through the door. He has a bag of groceries in his hands that he drops flat on the dining table.

"We saved you some." I say, reading his mind as he scans the food we've cooked. He smiles at me and starts unpacking the bag. He motions for me to help him.

"Harold, a word?"

He asks. I of course nod and get up. Niall finishes his plate and pats me on the back.

"It's getting late so I'll see ya guys tomorrow!" Niall says and leaves. We both call out a goodbye and then turn the attention to each other.

"We need to talk."