Chapter 53.

Holy moly. Last night was a mess. I finally came back after several weeks away living with my mother. Then we go to Ellie's birthday party and we find out Ellie has been cheating on Niall this entire time. Then I find out Louis never cheated on me. THEN I find out Louis LOVES me. And then Niall ends up in a huge physical fight with the guy Ellie has been cheating on him with. Then... I don't remember what happened after that. All I remember is that I woke up completely hungover.

"Morning"

I say as soon as I notice Louis walking into the kitchen. I have no idea how I'm supposed to act around him anymore, so I try to stay as neutral as possible. He is yawning and stretching at the same time. His hair is tousled and all over the place, and he's wearing a white t-shirt, grey sweat shorts and no socks. Even though he is just as hungover as I am, I still find him extremely attractive. Especially after last night. All this time I went on with life thinking that he was horrible for cheating on me, and as it turns out it was all a lie. I mean, I still wonder why he would lie in the first place. But I can't seem to understand it.

"About last night..." I begin. Louis drinks a glass of water and turns to me. He doesn't seem to react much at my fancy attire. I want to end that sentence somehow but I honestly don't know what I should say. I mean I want to tell him how glad I am that it was all just a stupid lie and how I am head over heels madly in love with him, but I prefer to hear him out first. Cause he lied for a reason. If he wanted to be with me then he wouldn't have gone through all that trouble-

"We were very drunk weren't we?" He chuckles and pats my back. And as usual, he leaves me confused.

"Uhm... I guess."

"How about we forget about our little incident, yeah?"

Just as the words reach my ear my heart shatters into pieces. Last night meant a lot to me. I thought it meant something to him too... Does he really want to act like nothing happened? Like... Continue as friends..? I mean I know he was intoxicated but... He confessed his love for me. He told me that he loved me. That's not something you say for no reason.

"Despite what was said last night we both know you don't have any feelings for me, and I don't have feelings for you. Right?"

Louis says and tries to look me in the eyes. But i just put the lid on my coffee cup and look away. I grab the warm drink and walk out of the kitchen without giving Louis a second glance.

"Right..." I mumble and suddenly feel soo small... I clear my throat. "Well I'm off to work."

When I finally come home i am exhausted. Work went okay, even though I was extremely depressed about Louis' and my conversation this morning. "You don't have any feelings for me, I don't have feelings for you". That sentence has gone on and on in my mind all day.

I literally drop my bag and coat on the floor and kick my shoes off. All i need right now is a quick trip to the bathroom and then just rest in front of the TV for the rest of the day. I stumble upon a package in the middle of the wooden floor. It clearly says "Louis Tomlinson" and our address on it.

"Louis!" I call out. I don't get an answer. "Louis? There's a package for you!"

I shout. Still not a word. Guess he's out. I let the package be and walk to the bathroom. As I open the door and walk in it feels unusually warm and stuffy inside. By the time I realize the water is on and that someone is clearly showering, I'm already halfway through the bathroom. I turn around without thinking and notice Louis standing in the shower with his back facing me. I'm completely caught of guard by his feminine curves and I just can't seem to get my eyes off of him. Within a split second I'm completely mesmerized by the sight and can't seem to look away. He then turns around and shrieks, immediately covering up the goods.

"HARRY WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!? GET OUT OF HERE!" He scolds and I'm taken back into reality. Louis is standing there, face red with embarrassment and water running down his tanned skin.

"I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE IN HERE! I'M LEAVING, I'M LEAVING!"

I shout back, stuttering, just as humiliated as him. I quickly rush out of the bathroom. I close the door and lean my forehead against it, closing my eyes and regaining my breath. The sound of the shower can be heard all the way out and I'm confused as to why I didn't hear it before. My cheeks are still heated and I try my best to shake what happened off. But all I can seem to think about is that fucking view I just witnessed. Yes I've seen his body before, but this time it was so sudden and it has been a while so... Fuck. He's flawless from head to toe. Literally. I mean, those abs... Those curves... That..

"Hi Harry!"

A voice interrupts my unholy thoughts and quite frankly startles me. I had no idea anyone was here. I scream in a high pitch but that's when I see that it's just the boys, coming inside the apartment without a heads up, as usual.

"Well hello to you too"

Niall laughs as he walks into the living room, Liam and Zayn following him. I have honestly never been this happy to have them here. Maybe they will reduce some of the awkwardness between Louis and I.

"Where's Louis?" Liam asks.

"He's taking a shower..." I cough as the recent images reappear in my head again. I bite my lip as I think of him but quickly turn the attention back to the boys that have now sat down on the couch. They always make themselves so comfortable when they come. I mean, I don't mind, but I was raised to have guests acting like... guests. I mean these guys put their feet on the table and everything. I suddenly notice that the boys have brought McDonald's food with them. They empty their bags and put all the fries and burgers on the sofa table.

"C'mere Harry! We got you some too"

Zayn says and motions for me to come join them. Well that was thoughtful and generous of them. I smile shyly and sit down on the armchair. Zayn hands me a Big Mac and I immediately dig in. We didn't get any food at work so I really needed this.

At last Louis comes out of the bathroom. His hair is wet and stuck to his forehead. He has a white towel wrapped around his waist so that his upper body is fully exposed. Water is dripping down his tanned skin and I just want to throw myself at him, but I know I can't.

"Hi lads. Did you get my burger?"

He says and starts examining the table. I can't get my eyes off him. He is looking so damn hot right now, and I can't bare it. Niall hands him the burger and Louis makes them scoot in the couch to make room for him. They press each other until there is enough space for Louis to squeeze into. He could have just sat here with me, like he used to. But I guess he doesn't feel as comfortable around me anymore.

"You should've heard Harry's scream when we came over" Niall says with his mouth full.

"Yeah I heard. I think the population of China heard it too" Louis teases and they all laugh. I try not to laugh since I still don't know how to act around him. Especially after I walked in on him showering. I just feel so awkward right now I just want to be invincible.

"Aren't you gonna get dressed? We're leaving soon" Liam asks Louis.

"Not just yet. I like letting my skin breathe" Louis says and winks at me. What a tease. I don't know what kind of game he is trying to play here, but he's definitely winning. Suddenly I realize what the fuck Liam just said.

"Wait. Leaving where?"