Snowy Surprises

Summary: When it snows outside one morning, Natasha wakes her sister up to enjoy the surprise. The two of them have some much deserved fun together as sisters.

   "Hey," a voice suddenly sounded nearby her, and Yelena furrowed her brow, desperately trying to fight the tendrils of consciousness coming to life and bringing her to the waking world. She groaned, suddenly realizing with great irritation that someone was poking her. Yelena waved the hand away and she heard the huff of slight exasperation.

"Honey, wake up." Yelena groaned, more than anything just wanting to burrow further into the blankets. She turned over to face the source of the noise, her eyes barely opening to blearily catch sight of red hair. As soon as she realized who it was, she just blindly reached out, grabbing for the other woman.

"Yelena, open your eyes, I've got a surprise," Natasha told her, her voice getting a little impatient but with an overwhelmingly huge presence of her typical calm.

"Net, ya ustal... It can wait," Yelena told her, suddenly realizing to her surprise that Natasha was wearing a coat instead of the tank top that she had on when Yelena snuck into the bed with her the previous night as she always did.

"What're you wearing?" Yelena whined, her voice heightening just barely in pitch in an attempt to communicate her displeasure and confusion with her sister's chosen attire.

"A coat," Natasha responded, a bit of mirth in her voice. Yelena furrowed her brow, trying to figure out why Natasha had left the bed in the first place if she was cold.

"You're cold... Get back in bed here and we'll both be warm," Yelena protested, grabbing at her and trying to gain purchase so she could tug the woman down onto the bed. She felt Natasha bend down and kiss her forehead with a chuckle, her warm breath passing over Yelena's eyelids as she pulled away.

"Come on. I'm serious. You've got to get up, little one," Natasha encouraged, squeezing Yelena's shoulder and shaking it a bit. Yelena whined as Natasha started tugging at the covers and pulling them away from her. Yelena held onto them halfheartedly in her hands.

However, her eyes shot wide open as soon as Natasha jerked the sheets and blankets off of her. She immediately closed in on herself, the cool air of the room flooding over her.

"What the—"

"Get up and look," Natasha told her, pointing at the window.

"Fine!" Yelena groaned loudly with irritation and stepped quickly on the floor, aiming to look out the window and head straight back for bed. She almost jumped out of her skin when she realized the floor was freezing, a yelp escaping her throat. She quickly ran over for the window.

But her cold feet were completely forgotten when her eyes met the gorgeous sight out the window.

There was a thick coating of pristine white snow outside, the stuff covering everything in a gorgeous layer of beauty. However, all that Yelena could think about was the fact that she had not had the opportunity to slow down and play in snow since she and Natasha were children.

"Wow," Yelena spoke under her breath, her eyes wide as she took it all in eagerly.

"You like?" Natasha questioned, approaching Yelena's side with ease and trying to catch Yelena's eyes with her own affectionate gaze. Yelena stared for a little while longer at the snow before turning to look at Natasha with a raised eyebrow.

"I thought you said you had a surprise," Yelena told her.

"I did. That was the surprise," Natasha replied, and Yelena could see the smile tugging at the corners of her lips as Natasha looked over at her.