First in My World

Summary: When Natasha is scheduled to go on a solo mission for two days, Yelena unexpectedly tags along last minute. However, there is only enough food supplies for one person on the jet, but Natasha does not say anything, taking the road of self-sacrifice as per usual, and Yelena is none the wiser. Once they finally get back from the mission, Yelena discovers the truth.

   Natasha headed inside the jet, looking through the supplies that were hidden away in the compartment in the jet where Steve loaded them on for her.

It was early in the morning and no one was awake to send her off. It was not as if she needed someone to, but she had already exchanged goodbyes with Yelena that night so that the girl would not have to wake up and see the sunrise with her.

To her relief, there were food supplies and ammunition that was just enough for Natasha to last through the day. Natasha had specifically requested the bare minimum since she did not want to use any more supplies than she had to.

It was a routine stakeout and sneak mission where she would watch the area and then go in to pick up the package left behind by the SWORD mole. Recently, they had been working with SWORD since Monica Rambeau had now officially retaken control of her mother's agency. Given Monica's connection with Carol, she was quite obviously a trustworthy partner in this business of world-saving.

Natasha let out a breath, heading over to the jet's controls. She sat down in the primary pilot's seat, looking them over, and she was about to shut the jet's drop-down deck.

"Did you really think you could get away that easy?" a voice spoke up loudly, and Natasha furrowed her brow, turning quickly in her seat as she looked behind her. There behind her was Yelena, looking at Natasha with an utterly unbothered expression as she tilted her head slightly and came up into the jet.

Natasha chuckled a little in spite of herself, furrowing her brow as she eyed her baby sister.

"What're you doing?" Natasha asked curiously, and Yelena just raised an eyebrow in a pure expression of precisely how unimpressed that she currently was with Natasha's lack of understanding. She twirled her baton in her hand as she brought in a duffel bag in her other hand.

"Coming with you," Yelena replied as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, grinning at Natasha just a little.

"You don't have to, sweet girl. I'll be back tomorrow night if everything goes according to plan," Natasha assured her, but Yelena simply ignored her, dropping her duffel bag full of equipment down near one of the piloting seats. Yelena then took the seat next to Natasha, looking over the controls of the jet with interest.

"Well, poser, you obviously need a co-pilot to get back on time, and I don't see anybody else rising to the occasion," Yelena commented cheekily.

Natasha looked at her for a long moment before sighing deeply, affection and love filling her heart as she looked into the eyes that held her entire universe. Natasha finally pressed the appropriate buttons to shut the bottom of the jet, shaking her head slowly as she grinned to herself.

"I guess I could use a co-pilot," Natasha admitted, starting to raise the jet from its position on the ground, and Yelena grinned even more widely, leaning back in her seat as she reached over and hit Natasha's leg with her own. Natasha reached out with her right hand, allowing her dominant left one to take over controlling the jet, and she took Yelena's knee in her grasp. Yelena smirked from ear to ear.

"Yep. It'll be just like Budapest," Yelena commented, pronouncing the word in the same manner as Natasha always did. It was an affliction of the sisters to pronounce the word in such a way, and Natasha supposed that it simply further united them as siblings.