Breaking My Heart

Summary: After a mission gone wrong, Steve drags Yelena back to her and Natasha's house instead of a hospital or the tower due to Yelena's insistence. Yelena knows she's safe with Natasha and trusts her.

   "Get me out of this car and take me in that house right now," Yelena ground out, and she could feel Steve staring at her with that mild hysteria he had ever since the accident occurred.

The both of them had went out on a mission since Yelena had begged Natasha so much to let her take her place for it. This was not the first time that she had done this, but even so, Natasha was still not happy about it and was very hesitant to allow it. But after a lot of puppy-dog eyes and cuddling up to Natasha, the redhead had finally agreed to it.

Yelena had even been hurt on previous missions that Natasha let her go on before, but she had never had such a deep, oozing gash as she had right now. She knew Natasha was going to be extremely angry and worried, but Natasha was definitely the only person that she truly trusted to protect her in this state.

Steve quickly exited the vehicle and approached her side of the car, helping her out and guiding her to the house as she leaned heavily on him. Once they stumbled through the front door, she could hear Natsasha's barely concealed gasp.

Yelena looked up, meeting Natasha's light green eyes briefly before dropping her head as she tried to focus on suppressing the pain.

"Rooskaya, what happened?" Yelena heard her sister's immensely worried voice, and she just slumped against the redhead as she caught her in her arms, Steve's hands leaving her quickly as Natasha's warm, loving embrace replaced him.

"They got her when I wasn't looking," Steve told her, his voice filled with panic, and she could feel Natasha stiffen against her, her arms tightening around her upper body. Yelena was just so tired and now that she was finally here in a safe place and in her Natasha's safe arms, she could finally relax.

"Why weren't you looking? You said you weren't going to take your eyes off of her. That's part of the rules when I let her come with you instead of me," Natasha practically snarled, and Yelena reached a hand up, weakly grabbing at Natasha's shirt.

"She told me she could handle it!"

"Obviously she couldn't. And she won't be handling it for a while longer," Natasha retorted, venom in her every word as she held Yelena protectively against her. Yelena whined just a little as her gash started to hurt. Natasha froze against Yelena, and Yelena felt Natasha run her hand down to the gash on her side.

"She's bleeding," Natasha acknowledged, her words coming out eerily calm, and Yelena leaned harder against her, trusting Natasha to shield her.

"I know—"

"Why didn't you take her to the emergency room or the tower?!" Natasha demanded, and Yelena buried her face in Natasha's shoulder, trying to ignore the pain in her side.

"She told me to bring her here!" Steve defensively cried, and Natasha just shook her head.

"We'll talk later. I have to take care of her," Natasha cut him off dismissively, and he let out a deep sigh as Natasha immediately started to guide Yelena away. Natasha guided her through several doorways and Yelena suddenly realized they were in the bathroom.

"Here, sit down here for me, okay?" Natasha told her quietly, and Yelena very hesitantly released her to heavily plop down on the toilet, her body feeling as if it weighed ten tons.

"Whoo... This thing hurts like a mother," Yelena muttered, laughing lightly before shutting her eyes tightly. She could feel Natasha looking over at her, but she did not bother opening her eyes as she bent over, feeling the blood seeping down her side.