Opening Her Heart

Summary: Natasha is in a bad mood and has successfully terrified all of the Avengers. However, as soon as Yelena shows up and realizes this, she puts her mind to cheering up her big sister. Tony, Peter, Clint, Steve, and Sam are all absolutely shocked out of their mind when they see Natasha's strangely sweet and cuddly side that comes out as soon as Yelena comes into the picture.

   Yelena headed up to the Avengers tower, approaching the front doors with her mind focused on seeing her sister. Natasha had left Yelena a note saying she was headed to the tower to work on some things, and after Yelena had made breakfast from the cereal box Natasha had left out for her and Yelena went on her run, Yelena decided to head to the tower. She had the feeling that something was slightly off with Natasha since the redhead absolutely never left her there at the house by herself without telling her to her face that she would be leaving.

Yelena had almost reached the doors when Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson came bursting out of the doors. Yelena froze, staring at the two as they hurried away. As soon as they realized she was there and staring at them, they froze awkwardly.

"Hey, Yelena," Steve finally greeted with a smile and Sam waved at her a little, and Yelena raised an eyebrow at the both of them.

"Hey, Wonder Boy. Why do you two look like something's chasing you?" Yelena asked with a huff of laughter as she noted his and Sam's freaked out looks on their faces.

"No, it's nothing. We're just going for a run," Steve assured her, and Sam shook his head with a slight chuckle.

"Specifically, we're going for a run to escape your sister's wrath," Sam admitted, and Yelena tilted her head slightly, wondering what that exactly meant. Steve sent him a slight glare before shrugging in hesitant agreement with the statement.

"She's in an interesting mood today," Steve finally confessed, and Yelena just looked at the both of them strangely.

"Okay. Well, I'll go investigate," Yelena told them before stepping around them and heading inside.

"Good luck, blondie!" Sam called, and Yelena rolled her eyes at the nickname.

"Thanks, Birdie!" Yelena sarcastically shot back before entering the tower and starting for the elevator.

Once she arrived up to the floor where she knew Natasha usually stayed, Yelena immediately saw Tony and Peter standing there to the side, watching something on the opposite side of the room.

Yelena noticed that they were not even looking in her direction remotely, and she realized that they were staring at Natasha who was a good distance from them, fiddling with something. Yelena could not resist the smirk as she approached them from behind.

As soon as she was behind them, she began to speak.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Yelena told them, and Tony jumped out of his skin. Peter just looked at her with a blush. He had known she was there the whole time, but her words had embarrassed him successfully.

"We weren't staring at her inappropriately or anything," Peter answered her defensively, and Tony just rubbed his chest as he looked at Yelena disapprovingly. Yelena just had a huge grin on her face.

"I get you're a spy and all that, but you don't have to take that duty so seriously twenty-four-seven, y'know," Tony told her, and Yelena shrugged, her eyes on her sister as Natasha remained engrossed in what she was doing and had not even realized that Yelena was there. She then shifted her gaze back to Tony.

"Sweet, simple Stark. You see, I've got to stay in shape," Yelena condescendingly informed him, before stepping around to Peter's side to properly converse with the two.