Prank Wars

Summary: When Natasha gets home from a long Avengers meeting, she is worried about Yelena because Yelena did not ask to come as she usually does. However, as soon as she walks through the front door, she quickly figures out that Yelena is more than okay...

   Natasha trudged up the driveway, tiredness seeping through her form as she approached the front door. She had just gone to a really long Avengers meeting, and Steve somehow managed to be more boring than usual. And the worst part was that Yelena had not even wanted to come along and keep her company through it.

Which honestly sort of worried her. Yelena never turned down an opportunity to go with Natasha to the meetings even though she had figured out just how boring they were. It made Natasha concerned that there was something wrong with her sister, and she had been thinking about it since she left that morning.

Natasha came to the door and unlocked it carefully before putting her keys away. She then opened it, stepping through the threshold.

To her pure shock, tons and tons of glitter suddenly rained down on her head and body, and she just froze, totally surprised and almost unable to move as the last bits of the glitter finished pouring. She sputtered a bit, trying to get the glitter out of her mouth as she fully processed what just happened. Yelena had pranked her.

"YELENA!!!" Natasha screamed at the top of her lungs, feeling the hot irritation of being pranked rolling over her in waves as she suddenly understood the events of the morning much better.

Normally, Yelena would have tried to convince Natasha to let her come— even though she was much more hesitant to go now that she fully understood what those meetings entailed— but apparently the possibility of pranking the Natasha was way more tantalizing than any suck-up opportunities. Natasha had been quite suspicious when she had left, and she could tell that something was weird about Yelena, but she had not had much time to really consider it because she was running late anyway.

Well... Now Natasha knew exactly what was up.

Natasha heard laughter coming from her room, and she shook her arms a bit, trying to get off at least a little bit of the glitter before she went to confront Yelena.

She then quickly headed to her room. Soon enough, she stopped in the doorway to see that Yelena was peacefully relaxing on the redhead's bed. Yelena looked up innocently from her phone, very obviously trying to hide any semblances of laughter. Natasha knew precisely how ridiculous she must look, and another flash of aggravation washed through her.

"Hey! You're back! Did you stop by the spa or hairdresser or something on your way back, because you're practically sparkling?" Yelena told her, unable to keep the chuckle out of her voice as the beginnings of a grin came onto her face. Natasha narrowed her eyes in pure irritation.

"You set up a bucket to dump glitter on my head when I came through the door," Natasha accused, and Yelena shrugged, widening her eyes and trying to look surprised. Natasha recognized that technique, and she was not about to fall for it.

"What?! It must have been that Peter-Tingle boy. I knew I heard something suspicious in the other room," Yelena clicked her tongue and waved her fist dramatically. Natasha, however, was not amused at all, and she knew precisely who had done it.

"Nice try. If you remotely heard anything in the other room, you would be up and trying to murder whatever was making the noise," Natasha pointed out the fault in Yelena's alibi, and Yelena shrugged, lifting her phone back up to look at it.

"Huh. I guess we'll never know," Yelena ambiguously replied, and Natasha kept an intense gaze on her, challenging her to look up and engage. However, after a long moment, Natasha let out a slight breath before just coming in and grabbing some clothes.