Opposite Day

Summary: It's a slow day at the compound and Yelena is bored to death. She is with Natasha, and she can see that her sister is bored as well, so she comes up with the most devious of ideas to entertain the both of them. Unfortunately, all of these ideas heavily involve Kate as the primary victim.

   "Hey, you feel like screwing with Katie?" Yelena piped up out of the blue, laying on her back with her head in Natasha's lap as she gazed at the redhead. Natasha raised an eyebrow, looking down at her curiously.

It was a slow day there at the compound and neither one of the women had any real obligations. No one was hardly around and those that were there were either downstairs training, outside at the pool, or in their rooms. Yelena was positively bored to tears, and Yelena had been wracking her brain to try to think of something to entertain herself with.

Although Natasha had not uttered a word of it, Yelena knew that she was also bored to death as well. Something in the way that she kept shifting ever so slightly underneath Yelena and checking her phone as they aimlessly watched TV told Yelena everything she needed to know.

"Why?" Natasha asked finally after staring at Yelena for a long moment. Yelena shrugged, allowing her eyes to close a little as Natasha ran her fingers through her hair gently.

"Well, I'm bored and I know you're bored, too. Plus, it's always entertaining to keep Kate Bishop on her toes," Yelena proclaimed, and Natasha just huffed a little.

"Is there some reason that you enjoy tormenting the poor kid?" Natasha questioned, sounding completely unimpressed with Yelena's idea. Yelena scoffed and reopened her eyes, unhappy with the fact that Natasha was defending the brunette as per usual.

"Is there some reason that you always insist on defending her?" Yelena shot back, and Natasha raised an eyebrow at her, shaking her head as she considered her next words before shifting those pretty light greens back down to meet Yelena's gaze.

"I feel sorry for her, Rooskaya. Her mother's imprisoned, her father's gone, she's got a hopeless crush on a married man that's way older than her, and she doesn't have any friends," Natasha explained carefully, and Yelena just raised her eyebrows, looking at the redhead strangely as Natasha gently traced her fingers along the side of Yelena's face.

"Wow... Are you trying to make me feel bad for her or something?" Yelena asked teasingly, and Natasha let out a sigh, rolling her eyes at the blonde.

"Is it working?" Natasha questioned in response, and Yelena took a moment, pretending as if she were thinking really hard. She then shrugged.

"Nah, not really," Yelena shot back with a sudden cackle, and Natasha shook her head, gazing down at her tiredly.

"That's what I was afraid of," Natasha commented, and Yelena playfully turned her head to bite at Natasha's wrist. Natasha moved her arm quickly away from Yelena, and Yelena smirked. However, her smirk disappeared as Natasha lightly swatted her nose with her hand. Yelena grumpily gazed up at Natasha.

"Spoilsport," Yelena grumbled, and Natasha sighed, quieting as she poked Yelena's nose gently. Yelena leaned up to bite at her finger and Natasha rolled her eyes with an affection that made Yelena's heart swell a little.

"What are you wanting to do to her, you little piranha?" Natasha finally asked, and Yelena smirked widely.

"Well... I have a few ideas..."

"That's scary."

.....................................................................................................................