Family Weekend: Part 4

Summary: When Yelena and Natasha come to take care of Lila, Nate, and Cooper for the weekend so Clint and Laura can have some time to themselves, Yelena is somewhat nervous and Natasha is excited beyond belief. Yelena's worries slowly fade away and Natasha is even more fond of her kids after a weekend of fun and aggravation in which Yelena gets to know the kids even better and Natasha gets to spend time with some of her favorite people in the world.

   Natasha came out of the bathroom after brushing her teeth and headed for the guest bedroom that she and Yelena were sleeping in.

They had put the kids to bed just a little earlier, and the both of them had not stayed up for long afterward, finding that they were both exhausted. To Natasha's surprise, Yelena had practically ran to brush her teeth before Natasha and made a dash for the bedroom, and Natasha knew that the blonde was likely eagerly awaiting in bed for their nighttime ritual.

Their routine every single night— that is, on the nights that Yelena did not go to her bed first and sneak into Natasha's room a little later— always consisted of Natasha playing the part of the big spoon and Yelena snuggling into her tightly, her head tucked underneath Natasha's chin as the redhead just stroked gentle patterns on Yelena's back with one hand while occasionally pressing kisses to Yelena's head. Sometimes the two of them talked and sometimes they just laid there for a while together until eventually drifting off to sleep.

Natasha knew that Yelena was craving a little attention since she was used to having Natasha almost completely to herself. Granted, at home Natasha did pay attention to the Avengers, but Yelena always came first and there was no sharing of her spot as the most important person in Natasha's world.

In this situation, however, Yelena's spot was shared with three other people, and Natasha had to evenly distribute her attentions among four of her most favorite people in the world that all wanted her attention.

Natasha knew that development was a difficult one for Yelena, but she was really proud of Yelena for how she was handling the entire thing. Even though Natasha knew Yelena was a little jealous, she was controlling it remarkably well and she was dealing with it so maturely.

Natasha smiled a little as she resolved to shower Yelena with affection as soon as she got into bed and tell her how proud she was of her.

Natasha opened the door to the bedroom, and her heart melted as she spotted Yelena sunk down under the blankets, her nose and her phone poking out just barely above the covers as she looked at something on it. As soon as Natasha entered the room, Yelena put down her phone and moved it over to the nightstand, just watching the redhead wordlessly.

Natasha could see the absolutely adorable hope and love in the girl's eyes, and Natasha wasted no time in moving to her side of the bed and sliding in beside Yelena. As soon as she was under the covers, Yelena immediately moved into her, scooting her back firmly against Natasha's front, and Natasha felt her heart swelling with her baby sister's eagerness.

Natasha pulled her in against her, wrapping an arm around Yelena's waist as she pulled her in close. As soon as Natasha had her there in her arms, she kissed Yelena's head in multiple places, her nose nuzzling against the back of Yelena's head. She then dipped her head down to press a gentle kiss to Yelena's shoulder and moved her head to the side to press her cheek against Yelena's.

"I'm so proud of you," Natasha whispered, and Yelena positively melted into her arms as she squeezed impossibly closer to her. Natasha smiled widely as she gently tickled Yelena's back, her fingers tracing lazy "I-Love-You's" against Yelena's skin as Natasha repositioned her head so that her chin was on top of Yelena's head.