Sleepover

Summary: Yelena and Natasha are having their first sleepover, and Yelena is practically beside herself with the excitement at having a chance to do something they never got to do as kids. It's just the perfect night until an unexpected visitor appears at the door. Much to Yelena's infuriation, it's Kate Bishop and even worse, Natasha invites her to stay with them for the sleepover...

   "Rooskaya, can you grab the popcorn? I'm going to go set up the movie," Natasha told her, and Yelena nodded happily as she passed by the redhead, heading over to the counter and starting to reach for the bowls to take them into Natasha's room in their little house.

Yelena was positively thrilled. She and Natasha had been planning this sleepover all week, and Yelena was practically beside herself with excitement. They had never had a chance to have a sleepover as kids, and it was like they were finally getting a chance to make up for lost time.

They had just been talking about it periodically throughout that day in the compound. Even though it was really not that big of a deal since she spent the night with Natasha in her bed most nights anyway, it was still important to Yelena since they had planned to paint each other's nails and do all the stuff that girls were supposed to do for sleepovers.

However, Yelena was shaken from her happy thoughts as she heard a knock at the door. Yelena furrowed her brow, wondering who it could be at this time of night. Yelena approached the door carefully, dropping her hand into her pocket as she wrapped her fingers around the knife she had there.

She hesitantly and carefully opened the door, prepared for anything.

To her surprise, it was the one and only Kate Bishop standing out in the snow, bags in her hands as she goofily smiled at Yelena.

"Hi! I, um... I was just stopping by really quick on my way from the grocery store, and I—"

Yelena let out a small breath, rolling her eyes as she withdrew her knife and sat it on the nearby counter, keeping her eyes locked onto Kate as she listened carefully. Kate's eyes went wide at the sight of the knife.

"Oh... Oh! You must have thought I was some crazy-person knocking on your door at ten-thirty in the evening, huh?" Kate awkwardly laughed, and Yelena just raised an eyebrow, looking at Kate with a completely unimpressed gaze. Kate swallowed a little, nervousness evident in her body language.

"What are you doing here at ten-thirty in the evening, crazy-person?" Yelena asked not unkindly but definitely not overly welcoming either. Kate immediately straightened under Yelena's scrutinization.

"Okay, so I, um... Well, I heard you guys were having a sleepover and it was your first time doing it— I promise I wasn't eavesdropping or being creepy or whatever! You passed by my apartment earlier today and the walls are thinner than you'd think!" Kate defended, panic lacing her tone as she tried to avoid sounding like a complete creep. Yelena just narrowed her eyes a little, unhappy with the brunette's mere presence.

"But I heard all that, and I didn't know if you guys knew, but... No sleepover is complete without snacks," Kate grinned winningly, extending the bags out toward Yelena awkwardly. Yelena took them from her, already thinking of ways to make Kate leave.

This was supposed to be her and Natasha's night together. Not her, Natasha's, and Kate's.

Yelena just looked at her as they stood there awkwardly, staring at each other. Kate shifted a bit in place, a nervous smile on her face as the snow gently fell on her head and hair as she awkwardly gazed at the blonde.

"Okay... So... Um... I guess I'll just... Leave you two to it!" Kate awkwardly declared with a nod and a slight grin. Yelena was about to send her on her way when Natasha suddenly came back from her room.