The Most Gorgeous Sound

Summary: When Yelena comes home from the convenience store, she hears the strangest, most beautiful sound she's ever heard. She follows the sound to Natasha's room and finds her older sister folding clothes and singing with the most amazing voice Yelena has ever heard. Kind of a companion piece to "Hidden Talent."

   Yelena headed inside of her small shared house with Natasha. She had just went to the convenience store down the road from their house, and she had gotten herself one of her infamous slushies that she so adored.

As she put her things down on the table, words on her lips as she prepared to yell at Natasha and tell her just how misguided the redhead was in her hatred of the slushies and aiming to tease her about bringing her one next time, Yelena froze as she picked up the strangest sound in the other room. She furrowed her brow as she listened carefully.

Strangely, it sounded like singing. Yelena silently treaded across the floor, heading to the source of the sound.

She snuck through the hall, her feet barely making a sound despite the floorboards. By now, she had almost fully memorized all of their creaky spots and she could almost soundlessly travel through the house. Which, of course, came in quite handy when Yelena wanted to prank Natasha.

She finally reached Natasha's bedroom door and she peered inside carefully, her brow furrowed as she realized the singing was coming from inside the room. Her eyes widened as she took in the sight of her sister folding clothes on her bed, her voice ringing softly. Despite its quietness, Yelena could still easily pick up on the words, and she felt her entire mind going blank as she just listened to the melody.

"And when the night is cloudy... There is still a light that shines on me... Shine until tomorrow, let it be," Natasha's voice softly carried, and Yelena immediately had a sense of home, love, and safety come over her at the sound of Natasha's voice.

It was just such a beautiful sound, and Yelena honestly did not know how she had lived for so long without hearing this blessing to her ears. Yelena just leaned against the doorway, her eyes Letlocked onto the back of her sister's head as she just stared with a slackened jaw.

Yelena's slushie was all but forgotten in her hands, and she could not help her pure enrapturement at Natasha's gorgeous voice. It was practically the most amazing thing that she had ever heard, and she suddenly found herself wanting to hear that gorgeous voice sing "American Pie." That would truly be the purest of heaven.

"I wake up to the sound of music... Mother Mary comes to me... Speaking words of wisdom... Let it be," Natasha sang gently, and Yelena was strongly fighting the urge to just go and hug Natasha around her middle and insist on Natasha singing to her over and over again.

She crossed her arms in an attempt to resist this urge, and she just watched her older sister.

Natasha truly just kept stunning Yelena beyond belief. Just when she thought that Natasha could not be any more amazing and incredible than she already was, she somehow managed to completely impress Yelena in every way. Natasha was so absolutely talented that it always made Yelena feel like the luckiest person in the world.

Of course, it also made Yelena a little insecure knowing that Natasha could easily be friends with literally anyone else and claim anyone else as a sister. Why would she want Yelena when she could find a million other more talented and better people than her?

But she chose to instead focus on the gorgeousness of her sister's voice, all of those thoughts melting away as Natasha started to sing again, the sound caressing her ears.

"Let it be, let it be... Let it be, let it be... There will be an answer... Let it be..."

It was at that moment that Natasha turned around to put some clothes in the dresser that happened to be precisely next to Yelena. She froze immediately as she met Yelena's eyes, those pretty light greens just gaping at the blonde.