Day Off

Summary: When Natasha and Yelena finally get a day off, Yelena gets the wonderful idea to set up the hammock that they had purchased a long while back. Natasha, however, is the one left with the brunt of the work...

   "I want to build the hammock today," Yelena suddenly declared, her eyes hardening with resolve, and Natasha raised an eyebrow curiously.

It was finally a day off from work, and Natasha and Yelena had resolved to take it easy throughout the majority of the day or at least do something that they both would find fun to do.

All of that morning so far, Natasha and Yelena had just lazed about the house, spending way longer on morning cuddles than usual since they had no real obligations. Of course, Yelena was immensely pleased with this because she always was begging Natasha to spend more time in bed with her even on the days that they had missions.

It was Yelena's conviction that nothing was more important than morning cuddles. Not even their very necessary obligations. Of course, Natasha would love to view things that way as well, but she knew life could not work that way always for the both of them. Someone had to be the mature adult.

However, she did not have to be today. Today, she could just focus on being the doting big sister that spoiled her favorite person in the world rotten.

And given how Yelena was currently sprawled across her, her leg thrown over Natasha's lap as she almost sat on Natasha's lap from her position on the couch next to the redhead as they watched old reruns of some goofy child's cartoon that neither of them had ever really watched or experienced conditioning within the Red Room, Natasha could tell that the blonde was probably already spoiled rotten without an entire day to be dedicated to it.

Natasha had not really been paying much attention to the TV show since she had been absorbed in a book while Yelena alternated between playing on her phone, aggravating her, and watching the actual cartoon, but at a second glance, Natasha thought that it looked like Scooby Doo. However, Yelena quickly distracted her from her thoughts as she put down her phone and scooted nearer, resituating herself so that she was sitting a bit more fully on Natasha's lap, her chin resting on Natasha's shoulder.

"The hammock? Are you sure? That thing's probably moth-eaten by now," Natasha teased finally with a slight grin tugging at her lips, amusement filling her at the playful glare Yelena shot at her.

One of the first times that Natasha had taken Yelena to Walmart, Yelena had discovered a hammock in the gardening department that she had been positively taken with. Natasha, of course, had not had the heart to deny her, and they had ended up purchasing it. They had even purchased the supplies to hang it between the two trees in their backyard. But until now, it had remained largely forgotten in the wake of everything else that the two were ordinarily busy with.

"It's not moth-eaten, you poser. It's not even that old," Yelena protested, and Natasha could not resist her smirk as she squeezed Yelena's leg affectionately where it was thrown over her lap.

After a moment, Yelena just raised an eyebrow at her, obviously expecting and impatiently awaiting a response. Natasha shrugged a little.

"Okay," Natasha nonchalantly replied to her, and Yelena grinned widely. Natasha immediately felt herself melting at the positively adoring look on her face.

"Really?" Yelena asked, almost surprised, and Natasha leaned in, kissing Yelena's nose softly. She did not know how Yelena could be surprised when Natasha immediately gave in. Natasha would fight tooth and nail to give Yelena the entire world on a silver platter if she asked for it.