You, My Darling You

Summary: When Natasha, Yelena, Steve, Tony, Peter, Sam, and Clint are all together watching a movie, Yelena falls asleep on Natasha. However, when fireworks from a nearby party go off near the tower, Yelena wakes up in a panic, convinced that someone is here to kill her and her sister.

   "Wow, she's out fast," Tony commented, and Sam chuckled, nodding along in agreeance. Steve and Clint just shared a knowing glance before looking back at the blonde sprawled out on the couch with Natasha. Peter just grinned a little, looking at Yelena where she was so peacefully resting.

The Avengers had all sat down to have a movie night and had even allowed Yelena to pick the movie. However, Yelena had fallen asleep early on in the film, which was quite unusual for her. However, she had been quite busy with Avengers training as of late, and it had successfully tuckered her out significantly more than she usually was this early in the evening.

"She's been working hard lately," Natasha answered, running her fingers through Yelena's hair from her position laying across Natasha's lap, her cheek squished across the top of Natasha's thigh with her facing the television.

Yelena made a small hum of appreciation in her sleep, moving her head forward in an unconscious attempt to expose more of the nape of her neck for Natasha to touch and stroke. Natasha chuckled under her breath, scratching gently at the scalp and tugging gently at the less tender hair strands. Yelena just relaxed more heavily in her sleep, obviously thoroughly contented as a result of Natasha's ministrations.

"It's amazing how much she changes when she's asleep," Steve noted, and Clint chuckled heartily.

"Yeah. She almost looks innocent," Clint added teasingly, and Natasha just huffed, rolling her eyes. Natasha knew Yelena was not exactly innocent, but Natasha could not deny that she believed Yelena was innocent in some ways. She noticed it in Yelena's pure enjoyment in the simple things and her seemingly endlessly unconditional love for Natasha herself.

"She doesn't even look like the spitfire we all know she is," Sam admitted with a grin, and even Natasha had to nod along with that one. That was true. Yelena was extremely peaceful in her sleep, and no one would guess that she was such a sarcastic ball of energy in her moments spent awake.

"She's certainly really happy right where she is," Peter told Natasha with a sincere smile, and Natasha felt her heart warm with his words as she looked down at her baby sister. Natasha gently brought her hand around to touch the side of Yelena's face, stroking the skin with her thumbpad.

Yelena wiggled her nose a bit with the tickling sensation, and Natasha could not help the slight smile that came onto her face at the adorable sight.

However, immediately and unexpectedly, a loud explosion sounded off not too far from the tower.

Natasha swiftly flinched slightly and Yelena jerked against her, slamming into her hard Natasha immediately snapped her gaze in the direction that the sound went off. She soon caught sight of bright lights not too far from the tower out the window, and after just a moment of scanning her brain, she allowed herself to loosen up some, her muscles untensing as she realized it was fireworks.

"Whoo, that was loud," Tony spoke with a light laugh, and Natasha offered a small smile before realizing that not everyone had handled the explosion so gracefully.

Yelena had not realized that it was only fireworks and as she started desperately fumbling through her clothes, it quickly became clear to Natasha that Yelena was definitely not aware of what was going on. As soon as she made contact with Natasha's body, she started violently trying to jerk away from her, fear and defensiveness in her every gesture. Natasha quickly grabbed hold of Yelena's wrists, trying to slow her movement.