Turd

Summary: When Natasha has a rough day at work and then has to come home and do paperwork in her office, Yelena makes it her mission to cheer her up and connive her into taking a break. And fortunately, she has just the thing to aggravate-- ahem, assist-- her big sister.

   "Hey, how was the meeting?" Yelena questioned curiously from where she was lounging on the couch as Natasha came through the front door.

Natasha had been at the compound at a stressful meeting with the other Avengers. She had been able to keep Yelena from being required to go, but she herself had not been so lucky. Yelena was officially an Avenger, but the only ones that were really required to come to basically every meeting were the original six.

And now that she had finally gotten to go home, she was having to do more work. It was paperwork that had been sprung on her last minute, and being the way that she was, she was far too stubborn to turn it down or to say that she would rather distribute the work.

Natasha let out a deep sigh, shaking her head slowly as she grasped her bag and shut the door behind her. She locked it carefully before placing her purse on the counter and starting toward her office in the rear parts of the house.

She felt Yelena's eyes on her as she passed around the back of the couch. As soon as she was even with her sister, she paused and leaned down, kissing her forehead where Yelena had bent her head back to look at her. Yelena closed her eyes, smiling a little with happiness as she remained still.

"Got a lot of work left to do, little one... If you need me, I'll be in my office," Natasha told her gently, and Yelena nodded slowly, looking at her with those beautifully concerned honey greens.

"Okay... You alright?" Yelena questioned, looking at Natasha upside down. Natasha felt her heart swell with fondness as she thought of their special connection with being upside down.

"I'm just really tired, sweet girl," Natasha explained, and Yelena just gazed at her with concern, reaching her hand up to grasp Natasha's arm gently.

Natasha searched her face affectionately, taking in her baby sister's features and trying to keep the beauty and love in her face tucked away in her mind so that she could have something to comfort herself while she doubtlessly spent the entire of the day working.

"You sure you shouldn't take a break before you start working more?" Yelena suggested, and Natasha shook her head, exhaustion seeping into her gaze and her posture as she allowed herself to be vulnerable in the company of her baby sister.

"I don't think I have time, Lenochka," Natasha replied, love radiating in her chest as she looked down at her baby sister. Yelena's eyes softened, and Natasha let out a breath, her hand running along Yelena's cheek softly.

"I love you... You know where to find me if you need me," Natasha declared gently, and Yelena nodded somewhat sadly. Natasha then moved away, hesitantly heading toward her office.

Time for a long day of no fun whatsoever...

.....................................................................................................................

Later, when Natasha had finally gotten through a bit of her stack of paperwork, she realized that she needed to go to the bathroom. She got up tiredly, stretching her back. To her surprise, there were several cracks resounding, and she twisted her torso a little before finally heading for the bathroom in her room.

Natasha headed into her bedroom, Yelena nowhere in sight. She was honestly shocked that Yelena was not curled up on the bed. She almost always had a tendency to stay in Natasha's room when Natasha was working because it was a way in which to be close with Natasha without interrupting her work.