My Hero

Summary: When Clint and Natasha are going to talk to Tony about something, Yelena is stuck keeping Clint's guest entertained. She is surprised to find that it is a young woman, and Yelena is positively shocked to figure out that this girl is horribly misguided about who the best and coolest Avenger is. And thus they engage in a debate about their heroes.

Or how Yelena Belova meets Kate Bishop in an idealistic universe where everyone lives.

   "So when is Clinton getting here? And why do I have to be here while you two go and do something else somewhere else in the compound that has nothing to do with me?" Yelena questioned with a deep sigh, her head resting heavily on Natasha's shoulder as she talked to her older sister.

"We've got to meet up with Tony for something really quick, and Clint has some company that he's bringing with him," Natasha patiently told her, her fingers lightly tickling Yelena's back. Yelena was almost lost in the sensations, but she quickly caught Natasha's unspoken meaning. She looked at Natasha unhappily, her eyes narrowed.

"No... You aren't seriously going to make me hang out with some idiot that I don't even know from Adam's housemat— I mean his housecat," Yelena paused, catching herself before making the mistake and Natasha nodded approvingly, "and make me talk to the person while you two leave me alone!"

"It's just for a little while. Fifteen or twenty minutes at the most," Natasha assured her, and Yelena just groaned, leaning more heavily into her as Natasha traced out letter spelling out "I love you" on her back. Yelena felt an overwhelming wave of love coming over her and she pressed her face into Natasha's neck, her head brushing the side of Natasha's face as she poked her nose against Natasha's collarbone.

"Hey, guys. Sorry we're late," Clint spoke up suddenly, and Yelena pulled away from Natasha very hesitantly as Natasha pulled her hand away from Yelena to stand up and greet Clint. Yelena stood up alongside her and as soon as she was upright, her eyes locked onto the person entering the room quickly.

It was a younger girl that looked to be barely more than a teenager, and she reminded Yelena in many ways of Peter. Her eyes were bright and sparkling, and she was looking at Clint as if he were the greatest person on Earth. Yelena honestly somewhat wondered how in the world that Clint managed to come up with this person.

"Be careful, arrow-boy. You let in a crazed fangirl with you," Yelena commented, and Clint just sighed a little as the girl in question bounded up to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with him. Yelena quirked an eyebrow curiously, and Natasha smiled a little as she looked at the girl. The girl's eyes immediately went a little wide as she looked at Natasha. Yelena felt a small bristle within her as she felt the sudden need to step between Natasha and the girl. She was not about to let some nutty fangirl try to attack her big sister.

"Guys, this is Kate Bishop. She's staying with me until I can get her a place somewhere else," Clint told them, and Kate immediately stepped up to hold her hand out to Natasha to shake it. Yelena resisted the immediate urge to knock her hand down.

"Hi, I have heard literally so much about you. I mean, obviously since you're famous or whatever, but um... It's an honor, Black Widow," Kate told her happily, and Yelena just watched the two as Natasha took her hand and shook it kindly.

"It's nice to meet you, too, Kate. Just call me Natasha."

"Oh, okay, cool. Natasha," Kate spoke experimentally with a grin, testing the name out on her tongue, and Yelena resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the girl's goofiness.

"And this is Yelena," Clint introduced, and Kate grinned as she turned her attention to Yelena. Yelena huffed a little, nodding to her, and Kate reached a hand out carefully. Yelena just eyed it, raising an eyebrow, and Kate let her hand drop after a moment.