Hidden Talent

Summary: It is the day after Peter's birthday and he, Yelena, and Natasha are spending some time together. Tony interrupts and brings Peter a late birthday gift-- a guitar. Yelena is strangely enamored with it, and before it's all over, Yelena ends up showing off a talent that even Natasha had no idea Yelena had.

   "Hey, kid, I've got to run to a meeting, but I just wanted to stop by really quick for something," Tony spoke as he entered the room, his eyes sparkling with excitement as he entered the common room of the Avengers compound and stood in the doorway.

Peter's face immediately lit up as he saw the older man, and Natasha and Yelena shared a smile from where they were lounged in their favorite armchair together, Yelena cushioned between Natasha's legs and resting her back against Natasha's torso.

It was the day after Peter's birthday and his birthday party, and Peter, Yelena, and Natasha had been happily talking and spending some time together as he told them about what he was doing at school and, after Yelena's insistence, about how things were going with MJ. Tony had entered completely unexpectedly, and the girls found it absolutely adorable how Peter was always so excited to see the man.

"So you remember that I told you I had a present for you but just couldn't quite get it ready for you by your actual birthday, right?" Tony asked, and Peter nodded as he got up and headed over to Tony, looking at him curiously as the man stood in the doorway.

"Yeah," Peter replied, watching the man carefully, and Tony grinned before reaching on his side of the doorway for something hidden on his side.

"Well... They finally managed to pull it together... And I really hope you like it," Tony told him before pulling out an acoustic guitar and holding it out to Peter. Peter's eyes widened ridiculously, and Natasha could not help her slight laugh in response to his expression.

"Woah, Mr. Stark!!! How did you know?!" Peter exclaimed as he reached out and took the guitar from the man, inspecting it closely as Tony headed further into the room with him, a smirk on his lips.

"I pay more attention than you think, underoos," Tony quipped as Peter approached the couch he had been sitting on so he could sit the guitar down.

"Gosh, thank you so much!" Peter cried. Tony grinned widely down at the boy, and Natasha tightened her grasp a bit on Yelena as she rested her cheek against the top of the blonde's head, a smile spreading across her face at the adorable scene as Yelena sunk further down between her legs in the armchair.

"Sure thing. We'll get you an instructor for that thing ASAP," he assured him, reaching out and squeezing Peter's shoulder fondly. Peter propped the guitar against the couch and quickly hugged Tony tightly. Tony returned the embrace quickly, a giant smile finding its way onto his lips as he patted the boy's back affectionately.

They then pulled away from each other, and Tony grinned at him.

"Give it a spin, kiddo. I've got to get off to my meeting, but make it extra loud and see if you can wake Capcicle from his nap. The old codger needs a good wake up call," Tony told him with a slight laugh before offering a nod and a small wave to Natasha and Yelena. He then headed off to his meeting.

Peter turned to his new gift excitedly, picking it up in his arms and heading over to sit on the couch across from Yelena and Natasha as he inspected it carefully.

Natasha moved her head so that her chin was now resting on Yelena's shoulder. It was from that vantage point that she suddenly saw how Yelena's eyes were focused strongly upon the instrument, a great amount of interest in her gaze as she watched the boy and the guitar. Natasha raised an eyebrow, wondering what was going on with Yelena.