The Great Walmart Escapade

Summary: When Carol comes to visit Natasha and Yelena's place, she is quickly reminded of how much Yelena dislikes her. Natasha then comes up with the wonderful idea for them all to go to Walmart together. However, this great idea quickly backfires shortly after they get there...

   Carol approached the door, a slight smile on her face as she raised her hand up to knock carefully.

Carol had come to visit Natasha just to check up on her and see how she was. Since Carol had the opportunity to take a bit of a break now that she was here on Earth, she was excited to check up on some of her friends here.

To her surprise, Yelena was the one that answered the door, her puppy Fanny held in one arm as she squinted a bit at the woman before her. Carol offered her a small smile, unsure of what exactly to say since she knew that Yelena was not particularly fond of her.

She wanted the opportunity to smooth things over with the shorter blonde, but she was not sure how to go about it. After the prank that Carol and Natasha had played on her, Yelena seemed to despise Carol. Of course, Carol also wondered if Yelena did not like her because she was on such good terms with her sister. Yelena always seemed to be trying to pull Natasha's attention anytime that Carol was around.

"Hi! Is your sister around?" Carol questioned with a slight grin, hoping to win over Yelena at least a little. Yelena just stared at her for a long moment before sighing unhappily.

"She's out on her run. She should be back soon enough," Yelena replied, heading inside and leaving the door open for Carol to let herself in. Carol carefully strode through the door, entering the house. She paused somewhat awkwardly by the kitchen counter as Yelena headed over to the couch and plopped back down with Fanny.

Carol stood there stiffly for a moment, looking around, but her eyes soon settled upon a container on the counter. She studied it for a moment, realizing it was some sort of food.

"What's this?" Carol spoke up, and Yelena looked in her direction with a slight raise of her eyebrow. Carol moved the container nearer to her, reading the label.

"Huh... Pup-Corn... Can I have some?" Carol questioned, and Yelena looked at her for a long moment, Fanny in her lap as she scratched at the puppy's ears. She then nodded easily, a slight grin tugging at the corners of her lips.

"Please do," Yelena told her, and Carol grinned in reply before opening the bin and pulling out a piece of the stuff.

"Oh, I get it. Pup-corn because it's shaped like dogs. That's cute," Carol acknowledged before taking a bite of the stuff. She pursed her lips slightly and she could feel Yelena's gaze on her.

"Hmm... Interesting flavor. It's cheesy," Carol acknowledged before grabbing another piece and chewing it. At that moment, Natasha came in the front door, a thin sheen of sweat covering her forehead. Carol smiled happily at the sight of her friend, offering her a wave.

Natasha offered her a smile and a nod as she passed her by, heading into the kitchen to get a sip of water from the sink.

"Hey, Nat. This is some really good cheesy popcorn. Where did you get it from? I've never seen it in the snack aisle at any store," Carol told her, and Natasha glanced in her direction, raising an eyebrow as she watched Carol pop another piece into her mouth.

Yelena hurried out of the room snickering, and Carol watched her leave with some confusion, not sure what was going on with her. Natasha just huffed a bit, still gaping at Carol.

"PetSmart?" Natasha stated in a manner that was more of a question, and Carol froze mid-chew. Her eyes widened as she glanced down at the container. She slowly swallowed what was in her mouth, wincing a little and then slowly sealing the lid back the way she found it.