Trust Yourself: Part 1

Summary: Natasha and Yelena love each other more than anyone else in the world. They are the definition of platonic soulmates, their sisterly bond incomparable to any other relationship around them. However, accidents happen, and the two sometimes hurt each other. It is up to each to reassure the other that they trust them despite the mistakes and accidents that inevitably come with living life as the two greatest assassins in the world.

   Yelena was awoken in the middle of the night by a thrashing, panicked body next to her in the bed. Yelena immediately turned her attention to the person next to her, her eyes locking onto vibrantly red hair. She could hear the whimpers and the barely suppressed screams as Natasha fought the demons that came to haunt her in the night.

She was frozen for a long moment, unable to move as she gaped at her older sister. She had never seen Natasha in the middle of a nightmare, and she had definitely never seen her like this before. It was quite honestly scaring her a bit. But she knew she had to do something to pull Natasha out of her own head.

Yelena launched herself quickly into action, raising up as she looked down at her sister from her place sitting up in the bed.

"Natashka, wake up, you're safe. Wake up," Yelena spoke quickly while raising her voice just a bit above normal talking level in an attempt to break through Natasha. Natasha, however, remained unresponsive.

"Hey, you're alright, wake up, okay? Everything is okay," Yelena persisted, but Natasha just kept fighting the sheets in the midst of her nightmare. Yelena felt her stomach twist with the sight.

"Hey, hey, wake up, you're okay. It's just me," Yelena told her, feeling the panic starting to run through her as she came to the realization that her sister was nearly completely inconsolable. Yelena looked at her for a long moment, debating her next action and knowing that it could potentially not end so well. However, she dove right in, grabbing onto Natasha in an attempt to steady her and try to stop her from moving so much in hopes of pulling her out of this nightmare.

To her pure shock, Natasha moved out of her grasp immediately, hauling off and punching Yelena hard in the nose before launching herself upward and grabbing onto Yelena's neck in a hold meant to suffocate. Natasha's eyes had shot open and she was staring at Yelena blankly, obviously not entirely conscious of who Yelena was and what she was doing.

Yelena's eyes were wide as she struggled for enough breath to try to speak and draw Natasha out of this. She could not even bring herself to hit Natasha since she did not want to hurt her sister under any circumstances, even in this one.

"Nat—Natashka... Please," Yelena wheezed, feeling her throat start to ache with the pressure of Natasha's hands. As soon as she whispered, Natasha froze, just gaping at her like a deer in the headlights as she stared down at her.

Almost instantaneously, Natasha jerked away, her body moving backwards so violently that she launched herself in the floor. Yelena gasped for breath, trying to regain the air in her lungs, and she looked over at Natasha. Once she had barely gained enough breath, she moved to her sister clumsily, stepping off of the bed and staggering over.

Natasha immediately drew away from her, reversing further and further until her back hit the wall. Her eyes were wide and fearful, and Yelena knelt down in an attempt to look less threatening. However, even with her change in stature, Natasha looked positively terrified and horrified in every way. Yelena could see the tears in her eyes, and the blonde felt as if a knife had been stabbed into her heart.

"Natashka, it's okay, it's just me," Yelena reassured, and Natasha shook her head so quickly that her head smacked against the wall from where she was folded in the corner with her knees brought up to her chin.