I Can't Lose You: Part 1

Summary: When Yelena notices a man that has been staring at her throughout her afternoon runs, she purposefully allows herself to be caught by him, having a feeling that he was more dangerous than just an everyday creeper. She does not tell Natasha because she wants to impress her sister by single-handedly taking down this man and his potential operation, but she ends up having to notify Natasha last minute as she figures out that she was right about the man and that he has multiple armed accomplices. When Natasha gets there to save her, however, it is not a pretty sight, and Yelena has to help her older sister snap out of the violent, blind rage she finds herself in.

   "Stop right there, princess," a man spoke, and Yelena felt a gun suddenly press to her back. Yelena raised an eyebrow, already considering a hundred ways that she could disarm him. She quickly found that there were several other men starting to surround her as well, all of them with guns in their hands and armor covering them in perfectly strategic places.

Yelena had been out for a run, and she had noticed that the past few days, there had been a man watching her in the same place every day. Yelena had immediately noted that the behavior was odd the first time that she saw him, and she had experimentally taken the same route every day to see if she was right.

Interestingly, she had seemed to be right about it because he was in the same place every time, and each time, he was watching her carefully as if he was sizing her up and waiting for the opportunity to make a move.

Yelena was immediately suspicious of his actions, and she had quickly come to the conclusion that she was going to give him an opportunity to see what he would do. If he had sinister intentions, she would much rather for him to capture her than some defenseless woman that would not be able to fight anything off.

Plus, she could not help but wonder if he was part of something bigger, and she was determined to bust him out. Now that she saw all of these armored armed men around her, she knew that theory was likely true.

She had not asked Natasha for her help in this endeavor. In fact, she had not even told Natasha about the whole thing because she had wanted to impress her older sister with her ability to stop crime all on her own. However, now she realized that she had probably better get Natasha to come and assist simply because she was not sure how many more armed guards that they might have wherever they were going to take her.

There was a special button on her necklace that allowed her to send a distress signal to Natasha, and she raised her hand up to her neck, gently pressing it as she tried to make the movement look like more nervous than deliberate.

"You're coming with us, pretty girl," one of them spoke up, and Yelena raised an eyebrow.

"Whatever shall I do? I have been captured," Yelena deadpanned, no inflection in her voice. The men just sneered at her, grabbing her shoulder firmly as they guided her to the van nearby. They quickly shoved her in, and Yelena strongly resisted the urge to break the hand that touched her backside as she went in. Yelena sat down in the corner of the van, her arms crossed as she just watched the group.

It was a considerably short trip to the location they were taking her to, and she immediately knew that they were obviously not aiming for her to escape due to the fact that they did not even bother blindfolding her as they dragged her out of the van.

It was a large warehouse and Yelena could not help the sarcastic whistle that escaped her.

"My goodness... What a big house you have... How are the interest rates nowadays anyway?" Yelena questioned, raising an eyebrow as she looked at one of the men nearest to her. It was the largest of the bunch and he just scoffed at her.