Scooby Dooby Darcy

Summary: When Yelena and Natasha are at the compound one day to practice ballet together, Thor unexpectedly brings an old friend over. Cue the Widow Sisters making the acquaintance of the one and only Darcy Lewis.

   "Listen, I am serious. If me and Kate Bishop were both drowning, who would you save?" Yelena asked, her tone dead serious as she stared at Natasha and remained as solemn as the redhead had ever seen her.

The both of them were heading to the gym in the compound. They had just arrived, and they had been just a little delayed because Yelena insisted on getting waters for the both of them. They were now on their way to the gym and were passing through the main room, and they had resolved to do ballet that day. However, they were now launched into some goofy conversation that Yelena had found pertinent for some reason or another.

"My valuable time," Natasha finally huffed, shaking her head, and Yelena reached over, shoving her shoulder with something that was supposed to sound exasperated that was nearing a whine or a laugh.

"Natashka!" Yelena cried, and Natasha could not help her chuckle.

"What? We've got to get to training, so I was giving you the short answer," Natasha declared, laughing heartily, and Yelena started to speak up again when the elevator suddenly opened up. They stopped to see who was coming in, and to their shock, they soon spotted the god of Thunder himself walking in with a giant smile.

However, the shocking part of the entire thing was that he had a woman by his side that was so short that she made him look ridiculously huge.

"Trust me, you shall love it here, and I will get the good robot lady to tell you where to go to your room. And there are many good friends to be had here," Thor happily explained to the woman walking along next to him.

Yelena and Natasha both paused as they stared at them, not saying anything and wordlessly evaluating the situation.

"Is that his girlfriend or something?" Yelena asked, sounding disgusted, and Natasha just raised an eyebrow, not answering as she waited for Thor to spot them. It did not take him long at all to lay eyes on them, and as soon as he did, his entire face brightened as he laughed joyously.

"Look, there are a few of those friends now! Ladies, please meet my good friend Lady Darcy! I offered her a place to stay here at the compound for a while. She got kicked out of her home, and she needs somewhere to live until she can find a new home!" Thor joyously declared rather loudly, and Natasha smiled. His energy truly was endearing in a way, and she could see that this person was obviously someone who meant quite a lot to him.

"You make her sound like she's a stray dog," Yelena deadpanned unexpectedly.

Unfortunately, Natasha could not resist a small chuckle as she shook her head. Yelena flashed a victorious, far too pleased grin as she realized she had made Natasha laugh. Natasha quickly tried to look stern, but the damage had already been done. So, she then headed over to greet the girl, and Yelena was quick at her heels.

"Hey, I'm Natasha. This is Yelena," Natasha introduced as she offered her hand to the girl to shake. Darcy easily took her hand and returned the gesture. Yelena did not make a move to offer her own hand for shaking, and Darcy did not make a move either, simply returning her attention to Thor and Natasha as she calmly eyed them.

Natasha could easily see that Yelena was rather confused at the lack of a reaction to the standoffish behavior. Yelena ordinarily prided herself on intimidating people with that move when she first met them. However, Darcy seemed completely unbothered.