Just My Natashka

Summary: An unexpected storm turns up just outside of the Avengers compound, and thunder claps so loudly that it shakes through the entire building. Unfortunately, this triggers Yelena to the point that she is in such a panic that she can hardly recognize her surroundings. Natasha helps her through it, but as a result of this lack of awareness, Yelena accidentally calls her something that leaves the redhead completely bumfuzzled.

   Natasha was not even quite sure how it had happened. It was so sudden and it was so unexpected. One minute, she and Yelena were walking through the hallway of the compound, and the next minute, Yelena was almost on the floor in a pure panic at the unexpected yet deafening clap of thunder that shook through the entirety of the building.

"Little one, come on, come here," Natasha firmly guided as she moved Yelena to the nearest closet.

They were too far from their room for Natasha to take her there without risking another Avenger seeing her in this state. And she was not about to do that. She knew Yelena would be horrendously embarrassed if anyone except Natasha saw her in this state. Natasha also knew that the closet would be a nice, enclosed space to help Yelena feel more put together and safe without the many possibilities and potentials for ambush given by a large open hallway.

"Let's get in here, okay? Trust me," Natasha told her carefully, and she knew from the haunted look in Yelena's eyes and how she looked as if she was seeing right through the redhead, she was no doubt lost in flashbacks and largely uncertain of where she was.

Yelena grabbed onto her in a frighteningly tight vice, and Natasha guided her into the closet, shutting the door behind her and turning on the light.

When Yelena's hands started to drift up to Natasha's neck, Natasha quickly moved her forehead forward to reassure the blonde of her identity or at least the fact that she was not a threat. She knew Yelena could snap and start trying to choke her at any moment. Yelena did not recognize her at this point because she was so far gone in her panic.

Yelena immediately burst into tears at the forehead contact, and Natasha brought her hands up to gently brush away the tears with her thumbs as her nose brushed Yelena's.

"It's okay, baby," Natasha assured her, trying to find some way to break through to her. Yelena simply cried even harder, her sniffles and whimpers resembling that of a child as she surged into Natasha and leaned hard against her.

Natasha's back hit the wall, and she wrapped Yelena in her arms as she guided the both of them down to the floor. Natasha kept her back firmly against the wall, and she kept Yelena leaning into her between her legs, her head squished hard against Natasha's chest as she closed her eyes, fighting the fear and pain.

"Shh... shh... It's okay," Natasha whispered to her gingerly, trying to offer her comfort. Yelena grabbed onto her helplessly.

"Please don't leave me. It hurts," Yelena pleaded, and Natasha shook her head, just holding Yelena tightly.

"I'd never leave you, lapochka. Never," Natasha assured her firmly, tightening her arms around her to reinforce the fact. Yelena shook her head, fighting to get nearer. Natasha was quickly beginning to realize that there was no way for Yelena to get close enough to satiate her need for contact.

"I'm here, don't worry," Natasha told her, and Yelena's hands were searching all over her, trying to gain purchase to drag herself closer. Her hands finally settled for anchoring themselves in the top part of her shirt.

Natasha let out a small breath, hoping that she would calm down a little more now that she was grabbing hold of something. Yelena's body was shaking, and she was growing increasingly distressed by the minute. Natasha just kept her arms around her, trying to offer all of the reassurance and comfort that she could.