Talent Show

Summary: When Steve comes up with a bonding exercise for the team and Kate tells Yelena about it, Yelena is extremely excited and is determined to get her favorite poser to join in. Natasha hesitantly agrees and they join the fun with Clint, Kate, Peter, Wanda, and Vision.

   "Natashka!!!" Yelena cried as soon as she entered the door, quickly unleashing Fanny and making a mad dash for the redhead that was sitting on the couch. Natasha jumped a bit as Yelena suddenly jumped over the back of the couch, landing almost on top of her.

"Woah, woah, where's the fire?" Natasha laughed, and Yelena wasted no time in kicking off her shoes, exposing her smelly feet from her run, and she could not even hardly enjoy Natasha's disdainful nose-wrinkling as she grinned wildly at her sister.

"Guess what?!" Yelena demanded, and Natasha raised an eyebrow, a grin on her face as she silently questioned the blonde with a tilt of her head. Yelena repositioned just a bit as she rested her legs across Natasha's lap. Natasha leaned away from the feet just a bit but kept her gaze locked onto Yelena's.

"I met Kate Bishop and that sweet baby puppy Lucky on my run," Natasha huffed in reply to Yelena's completely different tone that she used to talk about the Golden Retriever as opposed to Kate.

"And she told me that the Star Spangled Speedo is hosting a talent show for the Avengers! I always hate his team bonding stupid things, but this one actually sounds fun!" Yelena excitedly cried, and she quickly realized that Natasha was not quite matching her energy level. However, the redhead's eyes were soft and she had a small smile on her face.

"Yeah, I heard about that. I was actually on the committee to arrange it," Natasha admitted, and Yelena's eyes went wide as she gaped at the redhead.

"Seriously?! And you didn't tell me?!!!" Yelena cried, positively offended, and Natasha squeezed Yelena's leg placatingly.

"I didn't know you'd be this interested in doing it," Natasha admitted, and Yelena scoffed immediately before brightening a bit as she thought of what she was going to say to her sister.

"I think I'm going to play guitar for it. But there's just one problem," Yelena declared, and Natasha tilted her head slightly, a strange sense of what almost seemed to be dread surrounding her as she looked at the blonde. Yelena felt some curiosity rising within her, but she ignored it in favor of readying herself for the insane amount of pouting she was no doubt going to have to do to achieve this tall order.

"What's that?" Natasha hesitantly questioned, and Yelena grinned a little.

"I need a singer," Yelena proclaimed, and Natasha raised an eyebrow.

"Don't you sing?" Natasha asked, and Yelena just huffed, rolling her eyes heavily.

"Yeah. But it's not nearly as good as a certain poser's voice that I know," Yelena declared, and while Natasha's eyes were gentler in response to the compliment, there was still a firm resolve within her that seemed very much against Yelena's idea as she massaged Yelena's calf gently.

"Little one, you know I don't sing in front of anybody. Much less a giant crowd of people," Natasha explained, and Yelena immediately widened her eyes just a little to try to portray a sense of innocence that would hopefully be persuasive.

"But Natashka! It would be amazing! Everyone would be mesmerized and stunned!" Yelena declared and Natasha shook her head, not convinced in the least.

"Yelena, my voice isn't even that good," Natasha protested, and Yelena furrowed her brow, feeling a small stab to her heart as Natasha self-deprecated.