Gun Show Gone Wrong

Summary: When Yelena challenges Natasha to a deadlifting competition in front of the Avengers, everyone expects Natasha to best Yelena as she always does. However, everyone including Yelena is baffled to find that Natasha does significantly less than wonderfully at it.

   "Hey, Natashka! Get over here!" Yelena called loudly, a wild smile spreading across her face as she stood next to the weight bars and waited on Natasha to come to her. Natasha raised an eyebrow from where she was over guiding Clint and Kate about how to pull off a particular move. She looked at Yelena skeptically for just a moment but headed over to meet her, nonetheless.

Yelena, Natasha, Sam, Steve, Clint, Kate, Peter, and Tony were currently all gathered in the gym to train. Natasha was alternating between her own workout and helping Clint and Kate figure out some things, and Yelena had been trying to think of a way to get Natasha's attention and pull it back over to her since she had been getting repetitive interruptions every time that she tried to do things with her big sister.

Of course, it was also just a fun game to aggravate Natasha and keep interrupting her in her workout or whatever she was doing.

Natasha finally was standing before her, and Yelena dusted her hands with chalk, grinning at her big sister. Natasha raised an eyebrow, tilting her head just a little as she wordlessly asked what Yelena was wanting from her.

"I have a challenge for you," Yelena announced, and Natasha rolled her eyes lightly, glancing down at the two bars laid out for both of them.

"Oh, yeah?" Natasha questioned, and Yelena immediately noticed how quite a bit of the room had their eyes on the both of them now.

"Yep. I challenge you to deadlift with me," Yelena declared boldly, crossing her arms with a waggle of her eyebrows. Natasha immediately looked significantly less at ease, but she disguised it quickly as she looked back at Kate and Clint. Yelena narrowed her eyes just a little, trying to figure out what had happened with Natasha in that moment.

"I've got to help with Kate's training, sweet girl. I really don't have time to—"

"Oh, come on, Nat, we all wanna see who wins this one. Don't deprive us of one of your infamous competitions," Tony spoke up with a playful smirk as he approached them with Peter close behind. Yelena smiled widely at the assistance in her begging, and she returned her attention to Natasha.

Natasha crossed her arms, obviously not particularly impressed with the fact that Yelena now had help in pestering her into participating.

Yelena was even more pleased as she noted Steve, Sam, Clint, and Kate coming over to watch as well. She looked back to Natasha, just staring into her eyes stubbornly as she raised an eyebrow confidently.

"C'mon, poser, you never deadlift. I wanna see those guns. I bet they'll run home crying to their mamas when they see mine in action," Yelena taunted, a grin on her face as she held up her own and flexed playfully. Natasha let out a sigh, looking at the Avengers that were starting to gather to see how this was going to go.

Peter and Kate looked excited at the prospect of getting a front row seat to one of their infamous competitions that the two sisters always participated in. The rest of the Avengers looked pretty interested in what was about to transpire as well.

However, Clint looked oddly worried and unhappy as he watched Natasha reservedly.

Losing her grin, Yelena watched as he and Natasha shared a meaningful glance. Clint shook his head, and Natasha shook her own in reply, obviously disagreeing with whatever silent message he was communicating. Clint let out a slight breath, crossing his arms as he watched.