Trust Yourself: Part 2

Summary: Natasha and Yelena love each other more than anyone else in the world. They are the definition of platonic soulmates, their sisterly bond incomparable to any other relationship around them. However, accidents happen, and the two sometimes hurt each other. It is up to each to reassure the other that they trust them despite the mistakes and accidents that inevitably come with living life as the two greatest assassins in the world.

 "You're doing well, poser."

"You, too. Too bad I'm going to have to win," Natasha expressed breathlessly with a slight chuckle as she fought Yelena in the ring.

Natasha and Yelena were currently swiftly spinning through the ring, sparring one another with a fervor that only one another could match. Yelena's eyes were aglow with the fight, and Natasha could feel her own desire to win pushing forward in a competitive push and pull with Yelena's.

They had been fighting each other for quite some time, and they were both exceedingly exhausted by now. Yelena was certainly improving in her sparring abilities.

However, Natasha was older and slightly more experienced than Yelena, which allowed her to take advantage of small things such as the smallest mishap that Yelena had made in her footwork just then. Natasha immediately dove in for her, grabbing her and turning her so that she was pressed to the guardrail.

"Gotcha," Natasha smirked playfully as she looked at her sister with a wicked glint in her eye, holding the blonde firmly against the guardrails of the ring. She had her bent over it forwards with her hands held behind Yelena's back, her body pressing against Yelena's firmly as she leaned over with her head near Yelena's ear.

However, she was only able to catch the barest glimpse of her sister's strangely aggressive, flighty gaze before she was thrown over and onto the floor with a vengeance and violence that she had never felt from Yelena. To her pure shock, Yelena slammed her elbow hard against Natasha's ribcage, and there was an audible crack.

Natasha yelped, the pain overcoming her as she completely lost her breath, her eyes watering from the pain.

Yelena stared down at her for a long moment before the recognition came into her eyes. It was quickly replaced by pure horror as she seemed to realize precisely what she had done. She fell backwards onto her behind, a hand moving up to clamp over her mouth as she gasped horridly. A gut-wrenching sound erupted from her that was somewhere between a scream and a sob.

Natasha winced hard, her eyes squinted as she tried to regain control over herself and catch her breath at least a little. She knew that Yelena was horrified right now and that she had to do something to make her feel better. She also knew that the way that she had pinned Yelena must have triggered something from the blonde's past.

Natasha started to raise up, and she could see that Yelena was shaking and was pale as a ghost, those beautiful honey-green eyes wide open as she gaped at Natasha. Natasha clenched her teeth hard, offering Yelena a kind yet tight-lipped smile in an attempt to cover up the pain at least a little as she efforted to sit up straight despite the pain stabbing in her side.

Yelena was violently shaking, and it honestly worried Natasha terribly. She shook her head, trying to reassure her younger sister.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm okay. I shouldn't have held you down like that," Natasha expressed, her voice somewhat strained as she tried to sound as normal as possible despite what was surely a broken rib. Yelena rapidly shook her head in negation of the statement, her eyes haunted as she stared at Natasha and the tears filled her eyes.

"I hurt you. You weren't going to hurt me, but I hurt you," Yelena shakily spoke, her voice trembling so much and her accent overlaying the English so thickly that Natasha almost could not understand the words. Natasha started to move just a bit closer to her but did not move too far along since she knew that Yelena was already in a questionable state and definitely did not need any more pressure on her. Yelena did not really react to her outside of a small flinch.