Family Weekend: Part 5

Summary: When Yelena and Natasha come to take care of Lila, Nate, and Cooper for the weekend so Clint and Laura can have some time to themselves, Yelena is somewhat nervous and Natasha is excited beyond belief. Yelena's worries slowly fade away and Natasha is even more fond of her kids after a weekend of fun and aggravation in which Yelena gets to know the kids even better and Natasha gets to spend time with some of her favorite people in the world.

   The next morning, Yelena woke up, the sun shining through the windows brightly. Yelena squinted hard, her eyes barely open as she took in the sight of the room. She was a bit confused since she had fallen asleep on top of Natasha, but she quickly felt a warmth near her back that reassured her of Natasha's continued presence.

Yelena could not help the deep sigh of contentment as she turned to face her sister, aiming to get in her morning cuddles before any of the kids came in. Yelena really cared about the kids, but she really just needed Natasha to herself at least a little.

As she turned, she expected to meet Natasha's sleepy gaze and snuggle herself into Natasha's chest as it happened every single morning that they woke up together in bed. However, when she turned on her side, she quickly realized that Natasha's back was facing her.

Yelena furrowed her brow, blinking just a little as she blearily tried to understand exactly what was happening here.

It was then that she fully noticed the whispering coming from Natasha and someone else. Yelena listened carefully, her eyes narrowed as she tried to decipher the words.

"But she's absolutely incredible when you get to know her better. She's one of the most loyal and amazing people I know," Natasha's voice sounded off quietly, and Yelena immediately took in the words, trying to figure out exactly who Natasha was talking about.

"Okay... I'll try... I'm not sure she likes me much, though," another voice piped up, and Yelena narrowed her eyes a little with something between resignation and irritation.

"She cares about you a whole lot. She just... It's a lot to do with her past," Natasha reassured the person she was talking to, and Yelena held back her groan as she realized exactly what was going on.

Lila had snuck into the bed, and Yelena was too late for morning cuddles all to herself.

There was a silence between them for a little while, and Yelena suddenly had the strongest feeling that they had been talking about her in the small pieces of conversation that Yelena had managed to pick up. Yelena remained quiet for just a moment, giving them an opportunity to keep talking to see if she could figure out what they were discussing.

"So... how long are you staying after Mom and Dad come home?" Lila softly questioned finally, and Natasha chuckled warmly, the sound of a kiss against skin quiet in the room.

"I don't know... As long as your Dad will let me, I guess," Natasha joked, her voice barely a rumble in its typical slight roughness, and Yelena clenched her jaw slightly as she decided to make herself known to the two.

Yelena huffed lightly before scooting forward and resting her chin on the side of Natasha's head. Lila gazed at her with surprise, and Yelena almost widened her eyes at the sight before her.

Not only was Yelena too late for morning cuddles all to herself, but she was also having all of her cuddles stolen by Lila Barton. Yelena let out a noise between a whine and a scoff as she let her chin rest more heavily on Natasha's head. Natasha chuckled under her breath.

"Morning, rooskaya," Natasha greeted, her voice soft as she looked back at Yelena the best she could considering the fact that Yelena was holding her head down.