Outrageous Egg Hunt

Summary: When Natasha, Tony, Steve, and Clint set up an Easter egg hunt for Yelena, Kate, and Peter with a golden prize egg involved, things become quite interesting and grow rather chaotic exceedingly fast.

   "Okay, so the area you're looking in is pretty much spanning all throughout the compound," Steve started as he moved his hand in the direction of the large building. His gaze was serious, and he looked as if the fate of the world was relying on these instructions. He swallowed, looking at the three younger people standing there before him.

"This is going to take strength, speed, and intense observational skills, and I hope the three of you are up for the challenge," Steve addressed them. However, the silence and quiet surrounding him as a result of the hero speech aura completely dissipated as Tony groaned deeply.

"It's just an egg hunt. No need to be so dire, Spandex," Tony interrupted quickly before he could launch into some larger, more dramatic monologue than was needed or required from him.

Several of the older Avengers had set up an Easter egg hunt for Yelena, Peter, and Kate. It was a few days after Easter, and they had decided to wait on having the egg hunt so that Clint could be there to help out since he wanted to spend some time with the group after having Easter with his family.

At Tony's interruption, Steve looked almost offended, and Natasha rolled her eyes.

"Look, there should be around one hundred that we hid with half being plastic and the other half being hard-boiled eggs. And there's one gold prize egg with a coupon for a free chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A," Natasha clarified Steve's words, crossing her arms where she was standing next to him.

Yelena met Natasha's gaze with a hidden excitement, already practically tasting the chicken sandwich even though they had not even started. Natasha offered her a gentle smile and a soft wink as an obvious indication of how she was secretly rooting for her. Yelena felt her heart melt at her sister, and she offered her a secret smile as they shared a wordless connection. She mouthed the words "I love you" to Natasha, and Natasha quicky reciprocated.

"I love Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwiches," Kate whispered to herself not too far from Yelena. Yelena raised an eyebrow, terribly unimpressed with the brunette's comment as she removed her focus from Natasha.

"Of course you do, chicken legs," Yelena commented, and Peter snorted audibly as Kate gasped slightly in surprise. Yelena just smirked at Peter, bumping into his arm with her shoulder playfully as she waggled her eyebrows playfully.

"So head out and start searching. Come back here when you've got all the eggs," Clint told them all, nodding to the three standing before the group of the older Avengers. Kate eyed him with determination and admiration as she puffed up her chest a little with a smile.

"Good luck, honey bunnies," Tony told them with a smirk, raising an eyebrow as he kept his hands in his pockets and homed in on Peter's egg basket.

Peter immediately blushed, lowering his head as she grasped his ridiculous-looking rabbit-themed basket that he must have gotten from Aunt May's attic. Yelena had a plain, plastic Walmart bag, and Kate had somehow managed to come up with some weirdly themed fabric bag with far too many band-aids and sticky notes covering it. It was suspiciously purple, which led Yelena to believe that it was surely a Hawkeye-themed bag, but she was not about to expose Kate like that in front of Clint. However, as soon as they were alone, Kate was undoubtedly in for it.

"Three... Two... One... Go," Natasha called, and Yelena immediately took off. Kate almost stumbled as she hurried after her, and Peter rushed alongside Yelena quickly.