When We've No Place to Go

Summary: It's pouring down rain outside and all that Yelena wants to do is spend time with Natasha cuddling and watching movies. Unfortunately, Natasha has a meeting to attend with the Avengers that evening. Yelena is terribly disappointed but understands, and Natasha very unhappily leaves her baby sister. But is another of Steve's standard meeting really more important to her than Yelena's happiness?

   "Wow, poser... It's pouring outside," Yelena told Natasha as she came into Natasha's office.

Natasha smiled a little as she looked over at the blonde from her place at the window where she was leaning against the frame of the glass. She was looking out the window, dreading her meeting that was coming up and that she was going to have to leave for in about fifteen minutes.

It was one of the usual protocol meetings, and she had not really told Yelena just yet, not wanting Yelena to have to join her in the misery of dreading it. Of course, Yelena did not have to go with her to the meeting, but she knew that Yelena would offer to come with her, and Natasha did not want her to feel like she needed to ask.

She also sort of assumed that Yelena probably already knew about it, but she was not totally sure of that fact.

Yelena accompanied her at the window, looking out of it alongside her. Natasha let out a gentle breath as she just watched the droplets hitting the window. It was dark, gloomy, and the wind was blowing hard in the barest light of the evening as the sun went down. Still, it was somehow therapeutic for Natasha to be on the outside of chaos looking in on it for a change. So much of her life was spent in the middle of it that she never got the chance to observe natural chaos in its beauty.

"Certainly a turdfloater," Yelena nonchalantly said, waiting for Natasha's response as she glanced between the redhead and the scene occurring outside the window. Natasha let out a deep breath, laughing under her breath as she shook her head.

"Y'know, just because Kate says something doesn't mean that it's the cool new slang that all the kids use," Natasha commented, raising an eyebrow as she looked over at her baby sister. Yelena's eyes widened in pure offense and shock, and Natasha could not help but laugh more heartily.

"I didn't get it from Kate Bishop!" Yelena cried as if she had been truly and utterly scandalized beyond all repair.

"Then you got it from Barton. Clint's the only person I've heard that says that, and Kate had to have learned it from him," Natasha pointed out, and Yelena just scoffed in reply from her position against the window on the opposite side from Natasha.

"Well, I will have you know that even if I did learn it from someone, it wouldn't be from Kate Bishop or Clinton. I learn the new slang from Little Peter, anyway," Yelena declared defiantly.

"Then where did you get it from?" Natasha questioned, and Yelena paused for a moment. She huffed and puffed for a moment, trying to think of a good response, which only proved to Natasha that Yelena had indeed gotten it from either Kate or Clint.

Having mercy on the girl, Natasha grinned at her, raising an eyebrow as she reached out and wrapped an arm around Yelena's neck as she tugged her against her. Yelena easily moved with her pulls, her head pressing into Natasha's shoulder as she nestled close to her. Natasha kissed her temple, her nose brushing Yelena's head as she took in a breath of that smell that was so simply and uniquely Yelena.

The both of them quietly watched the rain and wind outside, and Yelena pushed her head a little closer into the crook of Natasha's neck.

"You know... Since the weather's so bad outside... it looks like it might be a perfect night to watch some movies and maybe cuddle?" Yelena asked, and an answer of agreement was on the tip of Natasha's tongue until she suddenly remembered the fact that she had to go to that stupid meeting.