Come to Me

Summary: It has been a couple of weeks since Yelena left Natasha to go and start missions to save the remaining widows, and Yelena is starting to miss her sister terribly. However, as she soon comes to find out, her big sister misses her just as much.

   Yelena collapsed tiredly on her couch in the ratty little hideout that she had managed to scrounge together for herself. She was currently in Hungary looking for three different widows that she was meant to free from their mind control.

When she had agreed to take up the task of freeing all the widows, she knew it was not going to be easy. However, some part of her heart was just not exactly in it.

Granted, she wanted nothing more than to ensure that no other woman or girl would have to go through or was currently going through the things that she had, and she wanted to give them the opportunity to make their own lives for themselves. But she also wanted the opportunity to have her own life as well. One with Natasha.

And she had gotten a small yet intoxicatingly sweet taste of that life until about two weeks ago when Melina had contacted her to tell her that she was able to synthesize the antidotes and that she could start doing missions now. Yelena had been pleased, but some darker, painstakingly large, more selfish part of her just wanted to stay with Natasha.

They had to flee the safehouse in Norway, but they had managed to find another safe place to stay and they had settled into a beautiful, strangely familiar routine. And Natasha had even started showing her affection, and while Yelena was completely unfamiliar with gentle touches and soft attentions, she found that ever since the small touches they had shared in their time on their great adventure to destroy the Red Room, she just wanted every bit that Natasha had to give her.

But nevertheless, when Melina called, she had to leave, and to her shock as she left, Natasha had wrapped her in a surprisingly tight hug. Yelena honestly never wanted to leave her arms then and she would have just been the happiest person in the world if she died there at that moment, but Natasha finally let her go, giving the collar of her vest one last small tug and gave her the number for her burner phone for any emergencies. She then just let her go about her way with promises of seeing her again following her as she left.

It had been two weeks and while Yelena knew that realistically was not that long, some small part of her was growing afraid that Natasha might not visit her. That she might decide that she did not really want Yelena and that she would rather cut ties and leave things be.

A more logical part of herself reassured that Natasha was on the run and it was bound to take quite a bit of time for her to finally visit.

But there was still that huge part of her that was begging her to dial that burner phone if only to her the sound of Natasha's heavenly rasp again. That one that successfully made Yelena feel safe and made warmth blossom throughout her chest.

Yelena let out a deep sigh, and she closed her eyes for a moment. However, as she shut her eyes, her sense of hearing became a little keener and more concentrated, and she suddenly noted that she thought she heard the sound of a spoon clunking softly against a container.

Yelena's eyes shot open as she rose up slowly from where she was slumped on the couch, and she very carefully reached for the gun as she started to raise up. Once she locked her hand around it, she spun around swiftly, the business end pointed in the direction of the person that was not too far behind her in her kitchen that was obviously eating her food.

To her utter and complete surprise, Natasha was standing there with a peanut butter spoon in her mouth and painfully shortened blonde hair hanging about her head. Yelena almost did not recognize it to be Natasha at first glance, but those beautiful, caring eyes, and those comfortingly gorgeous features told her everything she needed to know. Yelena just blankly stared at her for a long moment, the gun still held in her direction.