My Entire World: Part 1

Summary: Yelena and Natasha have not been reunited for very long, but things are going exceedingly well for the both of them. However, after Yelena volunteers to be the guinea pig for Bruce's time travel experiments, Natasha puts her foot down and argues that it is too dangerous and that Yelena should not go. All of Yelena's feelings from Budapest and the anger that had been growing for so many years that the two never discussed properly comes bubbling forth, and Yelena loses her cool and proceeds with the testing despite Natasha's wishes. The machine fails, and Natasha is left with a new, surprisingly child-shaped problem on her hands.

   "You know what? I'm not stupid. I know when somebody doesn't care. You don't care about me!" Yelena dismissively declared, and Natasha shook her head, trying desperately to climb herself out of the hole she had so successfully dug for herself.

"Yelena—"

"You don't care! You don't trust me, and you don't care!" Yelena yelled, and Natasha just stared at her for a long moment, shaking her head slightly as she silently negated the words.

It had not been too long since Natasha and Yelena had been reunited and started living together. Things were slightly tense between them sometimes, but they had started rebuilding their relationship remarkably well, the both of them realizing how much they needed one another and needed each other's affection.

However, today was the day that the tension finally reared its ugly head in a culmination of everything that they had been through together since they had been reunited. Natasha knew that a lot of the hostility dated back to their time when they were working together to take down the Red Room and when they were in Budapest, but the accusations that Yelena kept throwing at her still hurt.

And it was all over whether Yelena could help Bruce with his recent work in rebuilding a time travel machine. She had offered to test it, but as soon as Natasha found out, she put her foot down and expressed that she did not think it was a good idea in the least.

That had set Yelena off, and Yelena had quickly come to the conclusion that Natasha did not really care and that she did not think that Yelena was the right person for the job. However, Natasha only had Yelena's best interests at heart and did not want her to possibly get hurt in the middle of testing everything out.

"You don't think I'm strong enough, or— or good enough to help your stupid, fake Avengers family," Yelena hissed, her voice quieter than before in order to try to keep Bruce from overhearing since he was nearby looking over his machine.

"Yelena, that's not true," Natasha responded, her voice mirroring Yelena's quieted tone, and Yelena's eyes lit up with an angry fire.

"Yes, it is! Don't lie to me!" Yelena demanded, raising her voice, and Natasha felt her stomach flip with the words as she just stared into Yelena's eyes, feeling the pain stabbing in her chest as she looked at the blonde.

Bruce looked between the two of them somewhat nervously, raising a large, green hand to scratch at the curls coating the back of his neck.

"So... Are you testing the machine? Or... I mean, we don't have to do it now—"

"Yeah, yeah, I am," Yelena responded, not even looking at Bruce as she glared holes into Natasha. Natasha just clenched her jaw, not saying anything more as Yelena stalked over to the time machine.

While she definitely did not want Yelena to go through with this, Natasha also knew that Yelena was so angry with her now that if she continued to argue with her about it, things would likely become worse with the two. And she honestly did not want to upset her sister any further.