Family Weekend: Part 2

Summary: When Yelena and Natasha come to take care of Lila, Nate, and Cooper for the weekend so Clint and Laura can have some time to themselves, Yelena is somewhat nervous and Natasha is excited beyond belief. Yelena's worries slowly fade away and Natasha is even more fond of her kids after a weekend of fun and aggravation in which Yelena gets to know the kids even better and Natasha gets to spend time with some of her favorite people in the world.

   The next morning when Natasha woke up, the first thing she was greeted with was the absolutely adorable gaze of her smallest nephew. Natasha was at first somewhat startled at the sudden eyes in her face that were not her baby sister's, but she quickly relaxed with a gentle smile, moving her hand forward as she cradled his cheek in her hand, stroking it gently with her thumb.

"Hi, buddy... What're you doing up so early?" Natasha asked softly, glancing at the time and taking in the fact that it was eight o'clock. It was late for Natasha but it was pretty early for Nate to get up. He and the kids usually slept in for a while, and Natasha knew Yelena had to be asleep. She was likely just on the other side of Natasha.

"We weren't doing anything," he declared, and Natasha raised an eyebrow, immediately suspicious as she raised up a little and looked for her sister. She had a feeling that Yelena was somehow involved in this conspiracy that Nate claimed was not happening.

She quickly spotted her sister definitely not in the bed and trying her best to silently get out of the room. Natasha raised an eyebrow.

"Yelena?" Natasha called, and Yelena froze, quickly turning in the doorway as she looked at Natasha with a giant smile.

"Morning, poser," Yelena greeted, and Natasha huffed a little, just staring at her. Yelena almost looked as if she were going to burst into laughter, and Nate was giggling beside Natasha. Natasha glanced at the boy, and he covered his mouth, trying to stifle and hide his laughter as he gazed at her with an adorable grin.

Natasha's eyes softened as she gazed at him, but she quickly returned her attentions to Yelena.

"What're you doing up so early?" Natasha asked suspiciously, and Yelena just shrugged, and Natasha could see the blonde searching her mind for some logical explanation. Which only served to further support Natasha's conviction that Yelena had done something devious.

"Well, myshka here woke me up and was hungry, so I had to get up," Yelena declared confidently, but Natasha noticed how Yelena could not quite meet her gaze for more than a few moments. Natasha raised an eyebrow.

"So why are you in here if he was hungry?" Natasha questioned, and Natasha could easily see Yelena searching her mind to try to think of an explanation for that as well. Natasha then turned to the boy there next to her that was absently playing with the ends of her hair. Natasha smiled at him, and he giggled once again, laughing way too much to be innocent. Natasha huffed and looked at him carefully as she leaned in toward him.

"Nate? You think you could tell me what you guys were doing?" Natasha asked, and Nate giggled a little before leaning in toward her and holding up his hand to whisper to her loudly.

"Lena told me not to tell the secret, so shh," he told her, raising a finger to his lips, and Natasha chuckled as she bumped her nose against his.

"What's the secret?"

"We drew on your face," he told her, and Natasha immediately looked up at Yelena, narrowing her eyes as she glared at her sister. Yelena just grinned, shrugging helplessly as she gazed at her older sister.

"The kids made me do it," Yelena explained quickly, gesturing behind her and to the boy with Natasha. Natasha raised an eyebrow and leaned forward a little as she tried to look through the doorway behind Yelena. Yelena stepped to the side a little, and Lila peeked her head in with Cooper not too far behind her.