The Coolest Way to Die

Summary: What if Yelena was with Clint and Natasha on Vormir when they were fighting to sacrifice themselves? And Yelena was the one to sacrifice herself?

   "Maybe he's making it up," Clint pointed out, and Yelena shook her head from her place nearby Natasha. Natasha was sitting down, and her shoulder was leaned against Yelena. Yelena knew that all three of them knew that was wishful thinking. There was no doubt that the being was definitely telling the truth.

"No, I don't think so," Natasha voiced, and Clint paced over to the side. Yelena's lips formed a thin line as she looked around the place, trying to decipher some way or another to cheat this creature out of the stone.

Yelena knew exactly what Natasha was thinking before Clint even picked up on the train of thought that Natasha was going down. Yelena knew she was resigning herself to die. However, one way or another, Yelena was not going to let that happen.

"Why? Because he knows your daddy's name?" Clint questioned, looking back at the both of them. Natasha remained impassive, a perplexed expression still on her face.

"I didn't," Natasha quietly pointed out, and Clint looked at her strangely. Yelena squeezed her sister's shoulder comfortingly before kneeling next to her.

"Thanos left here with the stone... Without his daughter. It's not a coincidence," Yelena expressed, leaning against Natasha's shoulder and pressing her forehead against her. Natasha brought her hand up and touched the back of Yelena's head, lightly tugging on her ponytail in that manner that aggravated Yelena to no end. However, this time it felt comforting in some weird manner.

"Whatever it takes," Natasha whispered, still miles and miles away. Yelena's gaze immediately snapped to Natasha as the redhead quietly confirmed what Yelena already knew she was thinking.

"Whatever it takes," Clint spoke, and Yelena shook her head as Natasha moved away from her to stand up and meet Clint. Yelena followed carefully, her eyes carefully locked on both of them.

As they began to speak, Yelena turned her attentions to the cliff, silently taking in the many ways that she could launch herself off of the thing. She was not going to let her sister die, and she knew that she would not be able to live with herself if she let Clint jump. If this whole thing worked, his children would still be young, and they deserved to live a life better than Yelena had.

So Yelena resolved quietly that she would be the one to jump, regardless of how desperately that Natasha attempted to save her.

She then felt Natasha's gentle hand on her shoulder, and Yelena did not hesitate to turn to face her. Natasha's eyes were filled with regret, and Yelena glanced back at Clint, knowing that he was aiming on stabbing Natasha in the back to save her. She could see it written in his face.

However, what he did not know was that Yelena knew.

"My sweet girl. You are everything to me," Natasha murmured, and Yelena moved nearer to her. Natasha cupped Yelena's face in her hands, her thumbs stroking across Yelena's cheekbones.

"You are everything to me, Natashka. Please don't do this," Yelena expressed, and Natasha's hold grew a bit firmer as her eyes turned to melted goo, her gaze caressing Yelena's face with the utmost affection and love.

"I love you, Yelena. You are my entire world. Please understand why I have to do this," Natasha whispered to her, and Yelena stared at her for a long moment, taking in every bit of her older sister's face so it would be the freshest memory she had.

Yelena finally just nodded, allowing Natasha to think for at least a short moment that she was actually going to be able to get away with this. Yelena allowed Natasha to kiss her face gently, her lips pressing tearfully against Yelena's cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin.