Spoiled Little Brat

Summary: Natasha finally has some time to just relax and read a book. However, Yelena very different plans for how Natasha's day is going to go, and it involves paying infinitely more attention to Yelena herself.

   Natasha absently flipped through pages in her book, idly enjoying some quiet time to herself. She had a break that day, and she figured that there was not much that she was needed for, so she could catch up on some reading. The only thing that would make things more perfect was if Yelena was there with her.

She knew Yelena was somewhere in the compound. Her automatic assumption was that Yelena was likely with Peter. It was almost the only person that she would spend one-on-one time with except for Natasha, and Natasha was honestly very happy that the two of them hit it off so well.

After all, Natasha would always be Yelena's number one, and Yelena always greeted her with the most adorable cuddles after going anywhere without her. She guessed that Yelena would likely be around any minute.

Sure enough, she suddenly heard telltale footsteps just behind the couch, and Yelena vaulted herself over the back of it, landing on the cushions. Natasha glanced at her just barely, and she noted the ridiculously huge smirk on Yelena's face that told Natasha that the girl was undoubtedly up to absolutely no good.

So instead of initiating cuddles as she would if Yelena did not act first, she allowed Yelena to come to her, slight dread and extreme curiosity filling her as she waited for the blonde to start whatever mess that she was planning at this point.

However, to her surprise, Yelena just let out an unhappy huff and scooted closer to Natasha, nudging her shoulder with her own. Natasha shifted her gaze to her for a short moment. Yelena just eyed her as if she were missing something altogether, and Natasha watched her blankly, not sure what exactly the girl was getting at.

Yelena just groaned impatiently, grabbing Natasha's arm and pull it away from where it was grasping the book. She then draped it over her shoulders. Natasha felt her heart melting in spite of herself, but she tried her best to remain on-guard despite how sweet Yelena was being, returning her eyes to her book. Natasha had seen that smirk on Yelena's face, and she knew that it had been there for a reason.

"You rude, old poser. Not even going to ask me what I've been doing or greet me," Yelena dramatically declared. Natasha just huffed, looking away from her book. She raised her hand from Yelena's shoulder and placed it on the side of Yelena's head as she pulled Yelena near to press an affectionate kiss to her cheek.

"Hey, Rooskaya," Natasha greeted against Yelena's head, her voice quiet. Yelena hummed noncommittally, and Natasha released her gently as she eyed her curiously. Yelena had a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"So what have you been doing?" Natasha questioned sweetly, and that smirk came back to Yelena's face as she looked at the redhead.

"Well, I was talking to Peter Tingle, and that was when I realized that you have been absolutely awful to me today," Yelena announced, and Natasha raised an eyebrow. A hint of panic and guilt crossed through her until she caught sight of that sparkle of playfulness in Yelena's eyes that let her know she was kidding. Natasha just raised an eyebrow.

"And what have I done to be so awful?"

"I realized that you have not given me the proper appreciation and affection that I require to function within the given time of a day," Yelena pronounced, and Natasha huffed.

"Were you not the one that I spent extra time in bed cuddling today because, and I quote, 'We've earned the bed's faith and we can't leave yet because it'll have trust issues?'" Natasha questioned, and Yelena just scoffed.