Please Don't Close Your Eyes

Summary: When Yelena, Natasha, and Steve go out on a mission, Natasha ends up taking a nasty fall from a building. All Yelena can think of is how terrified she is and how much she adores Natasha and cannot lose her.

   Yelena stabbed a man in the stomach, successfully making him double over and she swiftly brought her elbow over his head, knocking him out of the battle. She took a quick glance behind her during the lull in fighting, trying to get at least a small glimpse of red hair.

Natasha and Steve had been going to go out on a mission together, and after Yelena begged for a long while, she finally convinced Natasha to let her come. Yelena was extremely excited about it, and she loved the idea of being able to fight alongside her big sister. She also loved any extra opportunities she could have to tell Alexei that she was hanging out with Captain America.

After a moment of searching, she spotted Natasha not too far from her battling the men around, and Yelena grinned just a tiny bit before swiftly returning her attentions to the enemies approaching. She quickly used the force of one of the men running to her and swung over him quickly before grabbing him and slinging him in the direction of the other men approaching.

His sudden weight threw them off balance, and Yelena wasted no time in throwing multiple knives in their direction, landing all of them squarely in each of their knees. She wasted no time in running forward and kicking them each in the face in quick succession, rendering them useless in the battle.

It was then that she heard a yell, and she spun around in Natasha's direction quickly, her eyes searching out the red hair again. She spotted it as soon as it disappeared over the edge of the building.

"NATALIA!!!!" Yelena screamed the woman's name helplessly, moving as fast as she could toward the edge of the building. To her horror, Natasha had already hit the ground, and she was still lying there. Yelena swiftly shot a line and ran down the side of the building. She quickly dodged the sharp piece of metal poking out several yards up from the concrete below, and she unhooked herself in a pure panic as she ran for the redhead.

Natasha was lying there, her eyes shut and seemingly unconscious. It filled Yelena with an incomparable terror as she darted for her sister.

"Natashka, please, no, no, no, no, no," Yelena muttered under her breath, crashing onto her knees and grabbing onto the woman before her lying on the ground.

Yelena swiftly looked her over, realizing that there was quite a bit of blood coming from her sister's side. Yelena felt the unadulterated fear running through her, and she quickly ripped at her sleeve despite the fact that this was her favorite white super-suit. It soon came loose from the sheer force that she was exerting on it in the midst of her terror. She then quickly tried to wrap it around Natasha's waist despite knowing that it would be a tight fit.

In the midst of Natasha's unconscious state, she furrowed her brow, shrinking away from Yelena's force, and Yelena shook her head quickly.

"It's okay, it's okay, just be still," Yelena told her softly, reaching a bloodstained hand up to touch the older woman's face. Her stomach was churning as she tied the cloth around her sister securely.

She looked up, trying to see how her sister had not managed to catch herself, and she quickly noted the failed line that had not managed to latch onto anything when Natasha had presumably shot it. She also soon realized that the jutted out metal that she had dodged on her way down to see the redhead was dripping with something that suspiciously resembled blood.

Yelena looked down at her sister, reaching her hands out to Natasha's face and touching it gently.

"C'mon... I know you're upside down, but you've got to get rightside up," Yelena whispered between just the two of them.