Undercover

Summary: When Yelena and Natasha go undercover at a party to search out a corrupt government official and hopefully learn some valuable information, Yelena is forced to try to keep her cover as she struggles with their target getting too close to her sister for her liking.

WARNING: Attempted Rape, Graphic Depiction of Violence

   "Sweet girl, what's the status update?"

Several beats of silence ensued, and Natasha rolled her eyes heavily, releasing a quiet groan from her place against the wall nearby.

"White Widow, status update?" Natasha finally spoke up, waiting with fond exasperation for her baby sister's reply.

"Black Widow, the bird has not landed," Yelena immediately replied quietly, her voice coming in much too pleased through Natasha's earpiece. Natasha huffed, shaking her head just a little at Yelena's ridiculous insistence on using code names.

They were currently undercover at a party containing some of the most elite and powerful government officials of the world. They were tasked with following a French official who was rumored to have been involved in some particularly shady operations involving human trafficking, and the two were meant to follow him to the information drop-off point where he would be strategically hiding intel for an operative for a more hidden figure that was part of the conspiracy.

Yelena had taken a lap around the room all in the name of going to the bathroom, trying to see if she could spot the man, and Natasha was awaiting her return.

"Where is this guy?" Natasha questioned quietly to herself, pushing back a lock of her dark brown-haired wig that she was currently wearing. Yelena let out a light sigh in response, and Natasha could almost see the blonde's shrug that accompanied the sound.

"Don't know. But he's certainly a slippery one," Yelena responded, her voice hushed. Natasha looked through the crowd, trying to spot both the target and Yelena. She was not seeing either one of them, but the fact that really concerned her was that Yelena had not returned just yet.

"What are you doing?" Natasha questioned, and Yelena let out that slight breath she always released when she was rolling her eyes. Natasha grinned a little in spite of herself but quickly fought it down so she would not look like a total psychopath smiling like an idiot for no reason.

"Going to the bathroom, poser. What do you think I'm doing?" Yelena shot back playfully.

"Did you fall in the toilet or something?" Natasha asked teasingly, and Yelena just scoffed lightly. Natasha immediately was forced to stop her conversation as a man approached her.

He had disgusting, greased-back hair and a terrible mustache, and Natasha immediately recognized him as their target for the mission.

Natasha knew that she had to keep up her cover despite the fact that she felt a weariness overcoming her. Therefore, she forced a flirtatious smile on her face, offering him a half-lidded look as she gazed at him with not too much encouragement but just enough to hopefully get him to stick around long enough to converse with her so she could find out more information.

"Bonsoir, mademoiselle," he greeted, reaching out a hand to take hers. Natasha offered her hand in reply, and he kissed it gently. Natasha had to resist the urge to wince at the feel of his slimy, disgusting lips against her skin. Instead, she simply forced that sultry look on her face as she gazed at him.

"Someone's talking. Is that our target?" Yelena's voice came in through the comms, and Natasha's mind raced as she worked to think of some way to respond to Yelena without talking to her outright.