Reunion: Part 2

Summary: Natasha was one to generally savor solitude, but it seemed that somehow Yelena, within a few short days together, was able to completely wreck that persona.

OR

Natasha reunites with Yelena about a week after they took down the Red Room together and they both struggle to try to navigate their new dynamics, wanting to be close but not quite knowing how.

   A little later that day, Natasha and Yelena were heading out to town to gather some groceries, and Yelena was currently slumped down in Natasha's passenger seat, looking out the window as she took in the scenery in the morning light.

It turned out that Yelena was going to be able to stay with her for an indefinite amount of time until Melina synthesized and replicated enough cures for Yelena to begin her missions in saving widows. Which Natasha was extremely excited about.

Natasha had been having the time of her life spending time with the blonde even if it had been only a few short hours together so far. It was a great contrast to being alone and as long as Yelena would stay, Natasha could probably live like this and put off finding the Avengers for a little while longer. She knew that was not the right way to think, but she also felt that she owed Yelena some time to be spent with just her as well. As terrible as it sounded, the Avengers situation was going nowhere, and they would be waiting on Natasha for probably a week or two more.

Besides that, Natasha felt her heart swelling with spending time with the person that had always been most important to her throughout her whole life. It was a therapeutic experience that somehow made Natasha feel younger and happier than she had been in years.

Natasha let out a contented breath, taking in the beauty around her for the first time since she had arrived. She had not allowed herself to slow down and actually look at the scenery since she had gotten there. However, now that Yelena was here with her, things almost felt right, and she wished she could just freeze this moment in time forever.

The radio was playing lowly in the background, and Natasha was suddenly reminded of its presence as one of her favorite Sia songs started to play. A grin tugged at the redhead's lips as she reached out and gingerly turned up the volume so that it was loud enough for her to listen to but not nearly as loudly as normal so that she would not make Yelena uncomfortable.

As soon as it started to play into the lyrics, Natasha was tapping her finger gently on the steering wheel to the beat, driving the car with one hand as she relaxed a little in her seat. She could feel the blonde's gaze on her, and she could feel that Yelena was longing to say something.

Natasha just remained quiet, allowing Yelena to decide when she wanted to speak.

"What is this noise that's playing?" Yelena finally declared, wrinkling her nose as she looked over at the radio and gestured to it disdainfully. Natasha raised an eyebrow, unimpressed with Yelena's criticism of Sia, who was undoubtedly one of Natasha's favorites. However, at the positively adorable look on Yelena's face, Natasha had to hold back the urge to grin ridiculously.

"It's called music," Natasha deadpanned in reply, and she could not help but grin in spite of herself as Yelena scoffed.

"I certainly believe that's up to interpretation," Yelena declared and Natasha chuckled heartily. Yelena looked over at her, a wide smile coming onto her face that she quickly turned her head to disguise.

"It's Sia."

"Oh, wow. No wonder it's not good music," Yelena complained, and Natasha did not bother questioning any further to figure out what exactly Yelena meant by that statement. Natasha looked over at her curiously.