Number One

Summary: When Natasha, Yelena, and Tony go on a covert mission to retrieve information via flashdrive, things go wrong and both Yelena and Natasha end up getting shot. Yelena's wound is much less severe than Natasha's, but how far will Natasha go to ensure that her baby sister is taken care of first?

   "Where are you guys? How much longer?" Tony's voice suddenly and impatiently came into Yelena and Natasha's ears. Natasha let out a small breath, largely ignoring his tone as she focused on the door that the both of them were approaching.

"We're close... The package should be right through the doorway," Natasha murmured into the comm-link. Yelena was close behind her, and she could practically smell her sister's shampoo wafting from her hair given how near to her that she was.

The both of them had been sent out on a mission along with Tony to try to covertly steal a package inside of an enemy location. Tony had come along in case things went wrong, but so far, the women had been able to very efficiently and silently take out guards without alerting anyone and making them any the wiser.

And judging by his comment in their comm-link, he was obviously getting antsy and impatient since he was not getting to do anything on the mission besides man the jet.

"Keep your panties inside out. We're close," Yelena told him, and she suddenly heard something between a grunt of surprise and a bark of laughter in her ear. Natasha looked back at her, sighing deeply, and Yelena immediately knew that she had said something wrong.

"Keep your panties on," Natasha corrected softly, and Yelena let out a quiet groan, deeply unhappy and ever so slightly embarrassed at her mishap.

"Well, I could've meant inside out. Did you two think about that?" Yelena questioned matter-of-factly, and Natasha shushed her softly, gesturing with her head to direct the blonde to flank her.

"Mission now, arguments later," Natasha whispered as they approached the door. Yelena went on one side and Natasha went on the other as they listened wordlessly for any sounds behind the door.

Fortunately, there seemed to be no signs of life, and Natasha carefully opened the door, pushing it open as she entered, her gun drawn. Yelena followed along swiftly, keeping a lookout around them in the directions that Natasha could not see that well.

Once they were satisfied with the lack of people within, Natasha headed over to one of the nearby computers, aiming to withdraw the information they needed to leave with on a flashdrive.

There was a dead silence for some time as Yelena kept watch nearby Natasha. However, soon enough, Tony had to interrupt it as per usual.

"So, I tried to put my underwear on inside out, but I ran into a problem. Belova, could you demonstrate, please?" Tony's aggravating voice came in through Yelena's ear. Yelena rolled her eyes, knowing that he did not mean anything by it and that he was just trying to further humiliate her for her mess-up earlier.

"Stark, make one more suggestive comment like that to my sister, and I'll do more than just showing you how to put your underwear on inside out," Natasha threatened lowly, her voice quiet and calm, but a definitive warning in the words that Tony would have been wise to heed. Yelena could practically feel her sister bristling at the mere suggestion even though she knew that Natasha was likely aware of the joke behind it. It warmed Yelena's heart that Natasha was so ready and willing to defend her from comments like that.

Yelena started to open her mouth to reassure her sister that she was fine and that she did not need to be worried about Tony's statement making her uncomfortable. However, just as she did, she suddenly realized that she heard a sound from the opposite side of the room.