Gonna Stay with You

Summary: When Natasha goes to get Yelena to come with her and the Avengers team to go out to dinner, Yelena is feeling a little overwhelmed and does not feel like going out. Therefore, Natasha decides to stay home with her sister, and Yelena feels like a burden and feels guilty for keeping Natasha from having fun. However, Natasha reassures her that she is worth everything and that Natasha has nowhere she would rather be.

   "Hey, Nat?!" a call from outside the door sounded, and Natasha grinned, realizing that the group had arrived.

The Avengers were going out for dinner that night, and they had come to pick up Natasha and Yelena. The girls had both been looking forward to it for a while now, and Natasha was excited to finally be going out.

"Come in!" Natasha replied loudly, and they entered, Clint heading inside first with Peter Parker quick on his heels as he happily grinned at Natasha.

"Hi, Ms. Romanoff!"

"Peter," Natasha somewhat scoldingly drawled, raising an eyebrow at him playfully. Tony smiled as he came in after the boy, his eyes lighting up with the conversation as Steve and Sam trailed after him.

"Oh, sorry... Hi, Natasha," Peter sheepishly corrected himself, and Natasha smiled gently.

"Hey, kid. Give me just a minute, guys. I'll go get Yelena," Natasha told them, and she headed off to her room. Yelena had been acting a little off earlier, but Natasha had thought nothing of it. She figured that Yelena was just tired or something when she told Natasha she was going to be in Natasha's room for a bit. After all, the girl always seemed to like sleeping in Natasha's room.

However, she quickly realized that it ran deeper than that as she entered her room and saw Yelena curled in on herself with her back against the headboard, just staring at her phone. As soon as Natasha entered the room, Yelena jumped and glared distrustfully in Natasha's direction.

Natasha paused immediately.

"Woah, woah, it's okay. It's just me," Natasha assured her, and Yelena loosened, calming herself as she exhaled deeply.

"Everyone's here. Are you ready to go?"

"Um," Yelena trailed off, quiet for a long moment, and Natasha furrowed her brow with concern as she hesitantly approached her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes... I just... I'm," Yelena huffed in frustration, obviously trying to find her words as she closed her eyes for a moment. She then reopened them, sighing slightly.

"I'm a little upside down," Yelena finally settled for saying and Natasha felt concern overwhelming her as she stood near the edge of the bed.

"I don't think I'm up to going anywhere right now," Yelena admitted, and Natasha nodded slowly, giving her sister a onceover as she considered the younger woman.

"Well, that's okay. Do you want me to ask them if they want to get takeout and have it here? I know you were looking forward to hanging out with them, too," Natasha expressed, looking into the blonde's honey-green eyes. Yelena sighed deeply, looking down at the mattress before very hesitantly looking back up to meet the redhead's eyes.

"I don't... I don't feel like doing anything," Yelena admitted, and Natasha felt her heart ache as she looked at her younger sister. She knew that Yelena wanted to hang out with the team, but she also knew that when things became too overwhelming, Yelena did not have the energy required to spend time with the entirety of the group.

Natasha sighed quietly, looking at Yelena for a long moment before making up her mind with a gentle smile growing across her face.

"Then I don't feel like doing anything either," Natasha told her, and Yelena shook her head insistently.