Gorgeous Inside and Out

Summary: When the Avengers are having a party at the compound, Yelena unexpectedly asks for Natasha to do her makeup for her. While this seems simply and believable enough, Natasha knows that Yelena never wants to wear makeup. Deeper emotions and feelings are quickly revealed.

   "You've got to be still," Natasha gently chastised for what felt like the millionth time as Yelena ducked her head away from the brush that Natasha was using to dust the blush on Yelena's cheeks.

"Why do I have to wear makeup anyway?" Yelena questioned, her voice conveying precisely how unhappy she was with the whole thing. Natasha shook her head, raising an eyebrow.

"You were the one that wanted to!" Natasha declared, and Yelena just breathed out, misery seeping into her tone as she effectively pulled off the dramatics. Natasha rolled her eyes a little, still trying to dust the blush on her as Yelena moved back and tried to dodge her efforts.

"I take it back," Yelena whined, and Natasha just looked at her with fond exasperation.

"Do you really?" Natasha questioned, stopping in her movement of the brush, and Yelena looked at her for a long moment, shifting her gaze slightly between the brush and Natasha's gaze.

She finally just puffed out her cheeks, strongly resembling her younger self that would always demand for Natasha to put makeup on and then change her mind about it. She finally just grumpily settled in place with a huff, letting Natasha continue.

Natasha let out a gentle breath, smiling softly yet affectionately as she reached out and touched the girl's chin and tugged her nearer. Natasha pressed a small kiss to her nose, and Yelena immediately looked less miffed and a little more interested in remaining still despite the slight grumpiness still on her face.

An Avengers party was being hosted in the lower parts of the compound, and Natasha and Yelena were currently getting ready for the occasion in their room in the upstairs section of the building.

This in itself was not terribly strange.

However, very strangely and in great contrast to Yelena's typical choice in attire to these sorts of events, Yelena had declared that she had wanted makeup and wanted Natasha to do it for her. While Natasha found this to be rather odd, she was quick to comply with Yelena's wishes, more than willing to do it if it would make Yelena happy. Even if Natasha did not think that her baby sister ever needed to wear makeup.

Which brought them to where they were now with Yelena giving her a hard time and Natasha fighting to get the makeup on her in an orderly manner.

"It's really not so bad, detka... You wanted this," Natasha expressed as she gently dusted the brush across her cheeks to finish up. Yelena huffed with a slight giggle, tilting her head barely to avoid Natasha's brush as it danced along her skin.

"I didn't really," Yelena muttered under her breath so quietly that she obviously had not meant for Natasha to catch the words. Natasha furrowed her brow, pausing immediately as she looked at her baby sister. Yelena looked at her somewhat uncertainly, and Natasha gazed back at her worriedly.

"Did someone pressure you to wear makeup?" Natasha questioned, a hint of danger in her voice. Anger was hotly rising within her at the idea that someone would even imply that her perfect, beautiful, amazing baby sister would ever need makeup to cover her naturally gorgeous features.

Yelena was quick to shake her head, obviously detecting Natasha's protectiveness as she shifted her honey-greens to meet Natasha's gaze reassuringly.

"No... I just... I thought that I should," Yelena explained, and Natasha just gaped at her.

"Why?" Natasha questioned, completely dumbfounded as she stared at the younger woman blankly. Yelena shrugged a little, looking down as she examined her hands where she was sitting down on the bed before the redhead.