Just Wanna Stay

Summary: When Natasha and Yelena are invited to go to an Avengers party with all of the most richest and most powerful men in the country, Yelena is determined to stay home. Natasha does not really want to go either, but she feels like she should. Luckily, Yelena has a way of getting what she wants.

   "I'm quitting life," Yelena dramatically declared out of the blue, still dressed in her usual cargo pants, combat boots, and tank top combo with her hair pulled back in a ponytail despite the fact that Natasha had already told her to change at least five times already. It was a stark contrast to Natasha's apparel which was currently a sleek black dress that stopped just above her knees and dipped down in a heart-shaped neck cut.

Natasha rolled her eyes fondly, only slightly irritated with Yelena's lack of cooperation. By now, she was mostly used to it, but it still could be terribly inconvenient sometimes.

Yelena's largest contributor to her belligerence was that she did not want to go to the party that the Avengers were hosting tonight. While Yelena wanted to talk to the team and keep making a good impression, she most certainly did not ever want to go to a hoity toity party with the richest, most influential people in the country.

Personally, Natasha did not really want to go either, but she was much more accustomed to such things despite her discomfort. She always went despite her own dislike for them even though Clint, Steve, and the others assured her that it would be fine if she didn't come a few times and took some time for herself.

She especially did not want to go because of the way that creepy older men drooled over her every time she walked by them. It made her terribly uncomfortable and reminded her far too much of her younger years.

It also reminded her of Dreykov and his disgusting ways.

"Hey, does my breath smell bad to you?" Yelena questioned before just moving directly into Natasha's face and exhaling deeply out of her mouth. Natasha quickly moved away from the blonde, choking a bit as she narrowed her eyes at the blonde. Yelena grinned widely and wickedly, her eyes sparkling with mischief, and Natasha coughed hard.

"Oh, my— what did you eat?!"

"Tuna fish," Yelena told her as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, and Natasha swallowed hard, trying to keep the contents of her stomach in its proper place.

"Is it that bad?" Yelena questioned innocently before covering her mouth and nose with a hand and breathing out. She quickly withdrew her hand from her face and wrinkled her nose a bit.

"Oh, wow... That is pretty bad," Yelena admitted sincerely, but Natasha could see the easily evident smirk on the girl's face that the blonde was trying diligently to hide. Natasha just raised an eyebrow, completely unimpressed.

"Get in there and brush your teeth. We're supposed to be leaving in fifteen minutes and you aren't even dressed!" Natasha told her, trying to force some semblance of sternness in her voice to make Yelena listen to her. Yelena just sighed dramatically and deeply before heading off in the direction of her bathroom.

"Do I use the mouthwash after or before?!" Yelena called loudly after a few moments, and Natasha raised her eyebrows a bit as she looked through her things and ensured they had everything they needed to leave.

"Do it both times! You're going to need a double dose if you're not going to smell like that crap that you for some reason voluntarily eat," Natasha immediately replied to her, raising her voice so that the blonde could hear her.

"You know what they say to little kids about trying new foods?! It applies to adults, too!" Yelena yelled from her place in the bathroom, a playfully condescending tone to her voice. Natasha just huffed, a smile tugging at her lips as she chose not to grace Yelena's smart comment with a response.