The Quiet Game

Summary: When Yelena is being overly noisy during Natasha's phone call with Clint, Natasha asks her to be a little quieter. Yelena, of course, is not pleased with the fact that Natasha seems to always think that she is being overly loud, so the both of them decide to play a game to settle the argument of who can be the quietest once and for all.

   "Yelena, if you keep playing that Bruno song, I'm going to give you something not to talk about!" Natasha threatened, actually half serious with her declaration as she tried her best to focus on the phone conversation she was having with Clint from where he was back at his farm.

Clint just laughed on the other end, and Natasha rolled her eyes affectionately, noting very happily that Yelena actually did turn off the Encanto music after Natasha yelled.

"She giving you a hard time?"

"When is she not?" Natasha asked him with a slight chuckle and a sigh of fond exasperation. She quickly quieted as she watched Yelena come to the doorway, gazing in. Natasha narrowed her eyes at her playfully, trying to conjure at least the smallest bits of disappointment in her gaze for Yelena's relentless noise-making.

"Sounds like the poser is in a grumpy mood," Yelena commented with a far-too-large smirk, and Natasha just huffed in reply to her. Clint was on speaker, so he managed to pick up on both sides of their conversation.

"She giving you a hard time, Yelena?" he asked, his voice still having that same sympathetic, slightly amused tone that he had when he asked Natasha the same question, and Natasha glared at the phone with irritation.

"Traitor. Pick a side," Natasha muttered to him, and he chuckled, still awaiting Yelena's response. Natasha could practically feel his cheese-eating grin despite the fact that she could not even see his face right now. She just knew him well enough to know his precise reactions.

"When is she not?" Yelena dramatically replied to him as she came into the room and approached the bed, and Clint cackled joyfully.

"Oh, wow... You two are exactly alike," he commented, greatly enjoying the fact that Yelena had accidentally echoed the precise words that Natasha had used just a moment ago. Yelena scoffed in mock offense as she flopped down on the bed next to Natasha and the phone that was resting on the redhead's lap.

"Clinton, you offend me. I am nothing like the giant poser here. She's so little and delicate, and I'm so tall and strong—" Yelena was immediately cut off as she screeched with laughter, Natasha skittering her fingers across her baby sister's side and ribcage. Yelena moved away from her, desperately trying to escape Natasha's attack.

Before long, Natasha just let her be, returning her attentions to her conversation. Yelena let out a deep breath before moving back into the same position she had been in. However, this time, her arms were crossed as she protectively held her torso, trying to defend herself from any potential future attacks.

"Alright, guys... I've got to get off. Lila just got home, and I told her I'd help her figure out some stuff with her math homework," Clint explained, and Yelena harrumphed with a wide smirk that undoubtedly meant trouble.

"You sure you're qualified to handle that?" Yelena asked, her tone completely deadpan as she sounded like for all practical purposes that she seriously questioned his ability. Natasha almost laughed, but held herself together, waiting for Clint's reply.

"Ha, ha. Everybody's a comedian... I guess I'll see you guys next week when I come back," Clint told them. They then shared their goodbyes and got off of the phone.