I Just Need You

Summary: Natasha felt like her entire world was crashing down all over again for the third time in her life. The first time her world collapsed was when she was ripped away from Yelena to return to the Red Room after Ohio. The second was when she found out Yelena turned to ashes. However, she had to be strong for Tony, because he had lost people, too, and he was doing his best to remain composed. They had to be strong for each other.

But they were both failing miserably in that effort.

   Natasha opened her eyes, taking in the brightness of the new area as she tried to adjust her eyes to the world surrounding her. She could not hardly make out the place and the area there.

It was bewildering because the last thing she could remember was throwing herself from Clint's hand, his helpless, desperate scream following her down the cliff as she plummeted to her death and the hope for Yelena's revival keeping a small smile on her face.

She had not even felt the pain of hitting the ground. It was such a sudden, surprisingly painless death. It was nothing like what she was afraid it would feel like.

However, as she adjusted to her surroundings, she realized that it seemed to be a sort of beachfront place with cliffs seeming to surround the land section of it in a large guard-like position, keeping her locked into the area. The water seemed to extend neverendingly toward the horizon, and the whole area made Natasha somehow feel at ease and completely terrified.

She did not like the feeling of being trapped despite the fact that there was something inside of her telling her that there were no threats here. It must have been some sort of afterlife, but it still made her feel a little less than perfectly at ease.

The weirdest part of the entire experience was that she could feel the sand beneath her toes and fingers, but she could not feel any sort of pain. She came to this realization that a rock was digging into her hand from where she was holding herself up from the ground. And as she raised her hand, she was surprised at the fact that her hand did not even leave a mark behind.

She looked around, and there did not seem to be a sun in the sky despite the fact that the area was extremely warm and well-lit. She swallowed hard, realizing that there was no real feeling of anything to swallow. She slowly got to her feet, looking around, and she realized that there was no sign of any other life around her except for plants, and a few dolphins that periodically jumped out of the ocean before her.

Natasha took in a deep breath, only able to smell ocean breeze and the salt in the air, and she slowly started walking down the beachside, trying to better understand her surroundings.

There was nothing around anywhere that resembled any sort of shelter and there was no food anywhere around her. Something inside of her told her that she would not need all of that, but it still was an instinct that continued to bother her terribly.

Natasha was completely alone, and although she normally would favor solitude and relish the silence it brought, that was something that had been completely destroyed when her sister crashed back into her life. She had lost her ability to enjoy it even more when the blip happened, and Yelena flew out of her life just as quickly and abruptly as she had come into it.

And that thought of being alone just sent Yelena running through her head all over again.

Natasha had never wanted to be alone again after Yelena came back to her. She wanted to spend the entire rest of her life with her sister making up for lost time and being the sister that she should have been to the person that had always been her favorite in the world.