Never Too Big

Summary: Three times that Yelena makes up an excuse to sit on her big sister's lap and one time she doesn't. Natasha just feels blessed to have her sister so close. Well, that is, when she's not doing it to be irritating.

The first time that Yelena sat in Natasha's lap since they were children in Ohio was one afternoon when Yelena returned from her trip to the nearest convenience store where she had gotten one of those cheap crushed ice smoothie things. Natasha had been working out and had just finished changing her clothes when she sat down in Yelena's favorite armchair. Yelena walked through the front door shortly after she took the seat.

"Welcome home.... Were they out of the smoothies?" Natasha questioned hopefully as she heard Yelena dropping her bag on the table. Yelena laughed humorlessly and Natasha could not help the grin that came onto her face in response to the girl.

"Nope. The machines were full, and I got a cherry-flavored one," Yelena responded, and Natasha's smile dropped as she scrunched her nose in slight disgust.

"Gross," Natasha expressed wholeheartedly.

"You just don't know what tastes good," Yelena shot back as she entered the living room, pausing immediately just in front of the armchair that Natasha was currently slumped in. Natasha shifted her gaze up to look at the blonde who was currently staring down at her.

"That's my seat. Move," Yelena spoke, but Natasha could hear the slight teasing in her voice, and the redhead knew that she was just trying to mess with her.

"No. I'm resting," Natasha replied, closing her eyes as she sunk in more deeply in the armchair. Her muscles were aching from her particularly exerting workout earlier, and every part of her hurt too much. It made her realize that she was perhaps getting too old for this sort of effort.

"How is your butt taking up that much space? Move over and let me sit," Yelena informed her, and Natasha shook her head, reopening her eyes to look at Yelena in disbelief.

"There's a literal couch right over there," Natasha informed her, and Yelena just raised an eyebrow as she stared at her sister with a challenge in her eyes. Natasha reciprocated the gaze with just as strong of resolve as the blonde.

However, to Natasha's utmost surprise, Yelena just suddenly spun around and sat down on Natasha's legs, leaning back against Natasha's front. Natasha huffed in surprise, and Yelena just happily sucked on her smoothie.

"What are you doing?" Natasha asked, and Yelena shrugged.

"Sitting in my spot."

"Well, it looks like you're sitting on me," Natasha bluntly informed her, and Yelena shifted her weight so that she was settled more heavily on Natasha. Natasha grunted with the force.

"It feels that way, too," Natasha added, her voice a little strained, and Yelena just wiggled so that she was more slumped against Natasha's body and her head was resting just above Natasha's shoulder as her rear end settled between Natasha's legs comfortably.

"You're not very comfortable," Yelena informed her, getting another swig of her drink as she flashed her honey-green eyes in Natasha's direction. Natasha sighed deeply, a façade of aggravation on her face but her true emotions reflecting nothing of the sort.

"Then go lay on the couch," Natasha replied, but there was no real venom or insistence in her voice. It was mostly defeat since she knew how this was going to end. Yelena wanted to sit in that location and she definitely was not going to give in.