Let Me Take Care of You

Summary: When Yelena wakes up feeling less than wonderful, she tries to hide it from Natasha. However, Natasha quickly catches on, and Yelena has no choice but to allow her big sister to take care of her.

   There were two certainties in Yelena's world. The first of which was that sour cream and onion chips were the love of any normal human's life.

The second? Yelena Belova absolutely despised being sick.

The moment she had woken up that morning, she was colder than normal, and she noticed that she just had that cruddy feeling that generally came upon her as she started to get sick. She had actually managed to wake up before Natasha, which was something that she was immensely thankful for.

She had carefully eased out of the bed, intending to leave Natasha there for a while until she could hopefully contain her sickness. She knew precisely how Natasha would likely react, and she was hoping to put off that reaction for a while. After all, Natasha freaked out anytime that Yelena was even remotely injured, so Yelena could naturally imagine her precise reaction to sickness.

She had thrown on sweatpants and one of Natasha's hoodies. She knew that this attire would likely give herself away, but she was a little cold and she had to at least somewhat comfortably be able to exist with this chill.

She was starting to rummage through the cabinets for something good to eat that would hopefully make her feel better when she heard footsteps coming into the kitchen. She winced, really dreading the conversation that was no doubt about to ensue.

"Good morning," Natasha greeted, coming up beside her and bumping her shoulder slightly with her own. She reached for a mug in the cabinet, withdrawing a cup and filling it with coffee.

"Morning," Yelena replied, hoping and praying that she sounded at least halfway normal and not like the sick person that she knew she was.

Unfortunately, Natasha seemed to catch on quickly, because her gaze lingered as she passed Yelena and sat her mug on the kitchen table after getting a sip of it.

"Are you okay? You never wake up this early," Natasha pointed out, and Yelena just kept looking through the cabinets, not wanting to answer but knowing she had to think of something rather quickly.

"Yeah, I just happened to get up early today. I don't know," Yelena shrugged, trying to look more casual than she actually felt. She could feel Natasha's stare on her back.

"Why are you wearing a hoodie and sweatpants?" Natasha questioned, and Yelena chuckled a little, knowing she had been caught but refusing to admit it.

"Someone woke up and chose suspicion... It was cold earlier this morning," Yelena informed her, hoping that Natasha had not woken up when Yelena got out of the bed. If she had not, then she would not know just how early Yelena had awoken.

"You're never cold unless it's like forty-something degrees outside. What's going on?" Natasha asked, her voice more insistent, and Yelena shook her head, glancing back in Natasha's direction.

"Natashka, please. I am fine," Yelena assured her, halfheartedly waving away Natasha's concern. She was fine despite the fact that she did not feel so good and was a little bit chilly at the moment. Natasha was simply overreacting.

Yelena suddenly heard swift footsteps approaching her from behind. Yelena furrowed her brow, looking behind her, and she suddenly found her sister standing close to her and almost pinning her between her body and the counter. Yelena just looked at her as if she lost her mind, and Natasha reached her hand out to grab the back of Yelena's neck and pull her head against the redhead's lips. Natasha gently kissed her forehead, and Yelena closed her eyes, enjoying the affection despite her suspicion that it was for reasons more than just wanting to show love.