Sugar Rush

Summary: When Yelena goes to the store with Peter, Natasha stays home and makes some dinner. However, the last thing she expected was for Yelena to come bursting through the door yelling at the top of her lungs before she was even supposed to get home. Or Yelena is introduced to the concept of cotton candy and Natasha watches her sister in pure amusement as the sugar rush unfolds.

   "NATASHKA!!!" Yelena practically shouted as she burst through the door, and Fanny jumped up from her place in the floor to run over and greet Yelena. Yelena offered her a fond pet before making a beeline for Natasha on the couch. Natasha chuckled a little at the sight of her sister, an eyebrow raised as she looked at the younger woman.

Natasha had been at home waiting for Yelena to get home from her trip to the store with Peter. She had stayed home to start cooking their pizza for dinner, and she had been watching a bit of television as she waited on the timer for the pizza to go off when Yelena burst through the door so unexpectedly.

Yelena plopped down on the couch, her eyes sparkling with excitement as she stuffed a bag of something into Natasha's arms. Yelena reached down to give Fanny more affection while keeping her eyes glued on Natasha.

Natasha narrowed her eyes slightly, trying to figure out what was so spectacular about this bag. However, once she actually had an opportunity to read the label, she realized it was cotton candy. Natasha chuckled, and Yelena practically snatched it out of her hands as she started reaching inside and shoveling more of the stuff in her mouth.

"Cotton candy?" Natasha questioned with a slight laugh, and Yelena nodded enthusiastically, a huge smile on her face.

"Yeah! It's so cool, right?! It's like a cloud on a stick!" Yelena pointed out, and Natasha shook her head, her eyes locked onto her little sister as the fondness warmed her chest at Yelena's childlike glee.

"And watch, watch!" Yelena spoke before sticking her tongue out and moving in much too close to Natasha. Natasha leaned back a bit, craning her neck backwards to try to get a better look at Yelena's mouth. She watched as the small puff of cotton candy melted on Yelena's tongue.

"It melts in your mouth and everything!"

"Did you leave Peter at the store?" Natasha asked, unable to hold back the laugh in her voice at Yelena's excitement and her overall air of ridiculousness. Yelena waved a dismissive hand in Natasha's direction.

"Oh, he'll be fine! I left him with the MJ," Yelena pointed out, and Natasha rolled her eyes with a slight huff, knowing that the boy was definitely feeling terribly awkward since Yelena left him alone with his crush.

Fanny reached up, leaning forward and trying to lick at Yelena's bag. Yelena quickly pulled it away from her with a scolding click of her tongue.

"No, Fanny, this is just for me. I know I always share, but this is all mine this time," Yelena told her, and Fanny just looked at her, tilting her head slightly. Natasha easily recognized it as one of Fanny's primary ways to try to get Yelena to do what she wanted. Yelena let out a huge groan before her eyes lit up again.

"Ooh, I almost forgot! I did pick up something for you!" Yelena excitedly pointed out, booping the dog on the nose before reaching into her shopping bag and withdrawing a rawhide bone. She tore the wrapping off of it before offering it to Fanny. Fanny took it happily, and laid down on the rug, chewing on the bone contentedly.

Natasha grinned a little at the sight, but quickly returned her gaze to Yelena as the blonde all but shoved a piece of cotton candy in her face.

"Want some?" Yelena asked, and Natasha winced a little as the smell of the rawhide bone, the scent of dog, and the fragrance of cotton candy hit her all at once. She shook her head, grabbing Yelena's wrist gently and guiding her very much contaminated hand away.