Family Weekend: Part 3

Summary: When Yelena and Natasha come to take care of Lila, Nate, and Cooper for the weekend so Clint and Laura can have some time to themselves, Yelena is somewhat nervous and Natasha is excited beyond belief. Yelena's worries slowly fade away and Natasha is even more fond of her kids after a weekend of fun and aggravation in which Yelena gets to know the kids even better and Natasha gets to spend time with some of her favorite people in the world.

   "Alright, guys, the poser will be coming in at any minute. Is everything perfectly set up?"

"Yep," Lila replied with a smile, and Cooper nodded as he looked around at all of the cushions piled around in perfect forts. Yelena smiled, nodding resolutely as she gazed at their handiwork.

Cooper had the wonderful idea for the group to have a nerf gun battle, and he had waited until Natasha had started washing dishes before he told Yelena in secret. Yelena had naturally been entirely in favor of the idea, so she wasted no time in dragging in the other two kids and getting them to help her and Cooper make pillow forts for two different teams.

"Okay, so it's all just right, and now she has no choice but to agree to it," Yelena told the three of them. Nate smiled widely at her and Yelena could not help her grin in reply as she leaned down and ruffled his hair affectionately.

"What are you guys doing in here?" a voice suddenly piped up with a chuckle, and Yelena looked up with a wild grin, feeling her heart swell as she caught sight of her big sister standing in the doorway looking at the group. Natasha leaned against the doorframe, taking in the sight of the room.

Yelena looked over at Cooper and Lila before she gazed back at Natasha, her smile growing even larger as she proudly held up a nerf gun and showed it off to the redhead.

"Well, we're about to have a nerf gun fight," Yelena declared, and Lila hurried past Yelena to bring Natasha the largest gun out of their entire stash. Yelena's eyes went wide as she gaped at the girl. Natasha smirked as she took it, raising an eyebrow with that mischief that was so typical of Natasha.

"What the— I thought we agreed that I got the big one?!" Yelena cried, and Lila just grinned sheepishly at Yelena. Natasha reached forward and cupped Lila's cheek lovingly, and Yelena felt a slight flare of aggravation within her.

"I'm sorry, Yelena," Lila apologized, and Yelena rolled her eyes as she huffed in irritation, holding the second biggest gun in her hand.

"Just for that, you're not on my team," Yelena pouted as she knelt down and opened her arm to Nate. He held onto her tightly and she hoisted him up onto her hip as she pointed at Natasha and Lila with her gun.

"This is my number one partner," Yelena declared, and Nate giggled happily as he wrapped his arms around her neck. Yelena then looked back at Cooper, wrapping her gun-clad arm around his shoulders. He moved beside her slightly uncomfortably and Yelena nodded her head defiantly.

"And this is my other number one partner," Yelena announced, and Natasha just smirked, looking over at the blonde before glancing at Lila who was gazing at her adoringly.

"So you wanna play, Aunt Nat?" Lila asked hopefully, and Yelena almost smiled at the fact that Lila had learned the puppy-dog eyes from the last time that Yelena and Natasha visited the group. It almost took away Yelena's aggravation that Lila was playing favorites so terribly and that she was taking up her sister's attention so much. Natasha just grinned widely and shrugged easily.

"Us against them?" Natasha questioned softly, holding her hand up. Lila wasted no time in grinning widely in reply, smacking her hand against Natasha's and clasping their fingers together.