Vexing Vest Situation

Summary: Yelena has been pranking Natasha all week, and Natasha has finally decided to get some revenge. Yelena's vest just happens to be the victim of Natasha's mischievous mood.

   "Natashka!!!" Yelena cried out, running into the room as quickly as she could and launching herself over the back of the couch. Natasha flinched a little at the suddenness of the action and the hullabaloo accompanying it.

Yelena's eyes were wide, and Natasha almost laughed at the look on her face. She had a strong suspicion that she knew precisely why Yelena was in such a panic right now.

Yelena had been messing with Natasha quite a bit that week, pulling her usual pranks that she so enjoyed springing on the redhead. Natasha had been remarkably patient all week with her in hopes that Yelena might stop. But it became quickly apparent that she was indeed not going to stop, and Natasha had woken up early this morning in a mischievous, revenge-seeking sort of mood.

Knowing that there were very few things that would actually bother Yelena and truly get to her as a prank, Natasha had targeting one of the most important things that would definitely get Yelena's attention.

Her vest.

Natasha had taken it that morning and had hidden it away where Yelena would never think to look for it and would never find it. It was underneath the kitchen sink, and when Yelena woke up that morning, she had not noticed its absence at first.

Yelena had proceeded to the kitchen in her usual morning stupor, hugging Natasha from behind with her face pressing into the redhead's back. Natasha had made them breakfast, and the both of them had eaten.

However, when Yelena had gone back into her room to get dressed, she had obviously found that her vest was missing.

"What's going on?" Natasha questioned, feigning great worry as she looked at the blonde. She even reached out her hand to touch Yelena's neck gently just below her jaw, fully selling the false concern that she had as she tried her best to maintain her poker face. Fortunately, years of conditioning had perfected it.

Yelena started to lean into Natasha's affection despite the panic, but Yelena's freaking out soon took over as she started shaking her head quickly.

"C'mon, let me show you!" Yelena cried, and she immediately grabbed Natasha's arm and started to get up, trying to drag her along after her. Natasha furrowed her brow, trying to remain looking worried despite the fact that she was frighteningly close to laughing at her.

"What—"

"It's an emergency!" Yelena cried, and Natasha started to get up with her tugs, following along after her as Yelena started to drag her in the direction of the bedroom where the vest ordinarily was located.

"What's wrong, sweet girl?" Natasha asked, trying to get an answer out of her. Natasha almost felt bad for messing with her like this and getting her into this big of a tizzy, but she almost felt that the girl deserved a little bit of it after all of the many times that she had pranked Natasha and aggravated her.

"It's gone! Our vest is gone!" Yelena cried, and Natasha widened her eyes just a bit, pretending to be surprised at the development. Yelena's hand was tight on Natasha's wrist as she pulled her into the bedroom. Yelena finally let go of her, and Natasha was legitimately shocked at the sight of the entire room in disarray from where Yelena had been so desperately trying to find the piece of clothing.

"Natashka, I've looked everywhere! I looked in the closet and took everything out of the closet. I literally crawled under the bed where the rice crispy monster lives—"