Green-Eyed Monster: Part 8

Summary: When Yelena has her second ever big mission and is going to be gone with Steve and Clint for four to six days, Natasha is convinced that she is going to be miserable and lonely just like she always is without her baby sister there to keep her company. However, she finds odd comfort in one Kate Bishop, and the both of them use this time to grow closer and form a strange yet close bond with one another.

But this does not set well with Yelena when she finds out about this large amount of time that Kate is spending with her Natasha and how close they are growing.

"I was so not."

"You definitely were! You were so ticklish!" Kate declared with a mad giggle, and Natasha rolled her eyes as they came in through the front door.

After Natasha had teased Kate so much about being ticklish with her feet, Natasha had accidentally allowed her ticklishness to get the better of her with the slightest of giggles and the barest jerk of her foot away from the younger girl.

The both of them had taken quite some time at the spa, and Kate had managed to drag Natasha into doing more than just a mani-pedi, and while Natasha felt strangely relaxed, she also felt very uncomfortable with the amount of foreign contact that she had just received from so many total strangers. After they had gone to the spa, Natasha had taken them to go pick up some Chick-Fil-A for dinner and they had finally headed home.

By the time they finally got home and were heading in, it was dark out, and Natasha knew that it was growing close to time for Yelena to call or text.

"Look, Mayor of Giggletown, you have no room to talk," Natasha shot back playfully, and Kate shrugged nonchalantly, smirking a little as she bumped her shoulder into Natasha's.

"Maybe not, but I know what I saw. So what? You scared of getting your feet touched because it'll tickle?" Kate asked with a giant grin and a laugh as Natasha playfully shoved the kid's shoulder, sending her forward a little.

"Go reheat your fries. You were so busy picking on me that you forgot to eat any of them," Natasha told her, handing the girl her bag of food. Kate took it from her, looking inside. She offered a sheepish smile as she realized her mistake, and she quickly headed to the kitchen to start the task.

Natasha rolled her eyes affectionately, feeling her heart swell with fondness as she watched the girl move in front of the microwave and start trying to flip a water bottle that Natasha had left out on the counter as she waited for the French fries to heat. Natasha shook her head slowly before checking her phone, expecting Yelena's contact now.

To her dread, Yelena had not texted or called her at all, and Natasha felt her stomach twisting in spite of herself. She could not help but worry that Yelena had gotten hurt or something was wrong with her. Yelena had not responded to the bracelet earlier that day, so it was either that her baby sister was injured or she had steadily grown more upset than she had been before.

Natasha wasted no time in calling the burner phone, the tenseness of not knowing and the fear created by her worry increasing her impatience as she moved to the hall to hopefully speak to her sister.

However, to her horror, the phone just rang and no one picked up. Natasha furrowed her brow a little, and tried calling once more. Yet again, no one answered it, and Natasha felt panic starting to grip her just a little.

Natasha quickly texted her baby sister.

"Detka, you there? Everything okay?" Natasha asked, and she waited several moments. There was no sign of a response for a considerable amount of time, and she finally sent several more texts asking what was going on as her breathing picked up just a little.