Queens of Game Night

Summary: When Natasha asks Tony, Steve, Peter, Sam, and Clint to let Yelena join in on the Avengers game night so that they can meet her sister for the first time, they all eagerly agree. Yelena is excited to go, but she is also very nervous, even though she'd rather die than let anyone know that. Natasha reassures her, and they storm game night, leaving the Avengers shocked at the sight of someone who understands and teases Natasha like Yelena does.

   "No offense intended, but don't you think they'll be a little less than perfectly welcoming of a complete stranger? I mean, they don't know me from Adam's housemat," Yelena spoke, and Natasha huffed slightly with Yelena's incorrect use of American slang and sayings. Yelena raised an eyebrow at her, completely unimpressed, and Natasha realized that she needed to explain her laughter.

"Housecat," Natasha corrected gently, a slight grin spreading across her face, and Yelena just narrowed her eyes, completely unimpressed.

"Whatever," Yelena shot back grumpily.

It was Avengers game night, and Natasha had asked the boys if she could bring Yelena along to introduce her to them. Of course, they all eagerly agreed, and while Natasha did not doubt their sincerity, she also knew it was in equal parts due to curiosity about the sibling that they had never heard of until recently.

Yelena was extremely excited to go even though she frequently tried to act like she was largely unaffected. But at the same time, Yelena was extremely nervous about meeting them even though Natasha knew Yelena did not want to share that fact.

Even now, Natasha could easily see the tension that persisted in the blonde's form. Natasha sighed slightly with a soft smile spreading across her face. She let one of her hands drop from the steering wheel as she moved it across the center console, opening her hand to the younger woman. She could not help the way her smile grew as soon as Yelena laced her fingers with Natasha's, connecting their hands tightly.

"But I don't think you have anything to worry about. You already know Clint, and he really likes you. I'm sure the rest of them will absolutely adore you, too," Natasha expressed, and she could feel Yelena's honey-green eyes on her. Natasha looked over at her, locking her gaze with Yelena's for a moment, and Yelena looked away with a slight shrug.

"I mean, who wouldn't?" Yelena questioned cockily, and Natasha rolled her eyes in reply to the blonde's overconfidence and bluster. Natasha knew that why Yelena was so nervous about meeting the famous cool kids for the first time. She wanted to make a good impression on Natasha's other family, and Natasha knew that Yelena felt as if she were not as good as them or that she would not match them.

"But I don't know. They just seem a little... important, you know?" Yelena finally admitted, getting as close as she would likely ever approach the truth of her feelings. Natasha squeezed Yelena's hand as she pulled up at the Avengers tower. She parked the car, looking over at her baby sister and giving her all of her attention. Yelena met Natasha's eyes, their gazes melding as they just looked at each other.

"None of them are as important as you are to me. So even if they didn't like you, which I promise is not going to happen," Natasha interrupted herself to reassure the younger woman, "it wouldn't matter. Because you are everything to me."

Yelena looked at her for a moment longer before dropping her gaze, blinking a bit as her lips downturned just barely at the corners. Natasha could easily see that she was attempting to resist the tears that were starting to pool in her eyes.

Natasha was almost surprised when Yelena suddenly surged across the center console, grabbing at the back of Natasha's neck and pulling her into her so that her forehead and nose was squished against Yelena's own. Natasha smiled a little despite the unexpectedness of the gesture, and she brought her hand up to cup the back of Yelena's neck, her fingernails lightly scratching at the stray baby hairs sprawled around her hairline.